What's new

SIM/IMEI unlock

Dejan

Reaction score
Is the truth really that the only way to unlock you phone is by buying a sim unlocker?

I got a 3gs iphone and 6.1 and jailboken, i tried ultrasnow and it did not work, i also tried SAM, but nothing happend.

Help please :)

Haha okay ty! Where can i stay updated?

Did you install the UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6?

There shouldn't be a problem. I've unlocked 3 3GS's using the same method just yesterday

i tried with 3 different sim cards and all says no service

iphone 3gs
Version 6.1 (10b141)
baseband 05.16.08

Its jailbreaked and i installed ultrasn0w and ultrasn0w fixer still says no service

how did you do it=?

So the options for unlock are theese:

Buy an unlocker
buy a Sim Card Interposer
installing the sowftware ultrasnow
Or installing the ipad baseband.

in my case i cant install the ipad baseband cause my phone os made in 2012, and ultrasnow dos not work for me cause i got the "wrong" baseband

That will mean that i only get the first 2 options.

Right?

No..... Go to the Settings app in your iPhone. Go to General > About. Then scroll down to "Model" and it should stay MBXXXXX or MCXXXXX. Reply with the exact model number including the MB or MC

The new bootrom normally does not allow iPad Baseband flashing, but depending on your serial number, if the 3rd 4th and 5th digits of your serial number is 135 or below, you can unlock using UltraSn0w. Otherwise, your only option is through an interposer or an IMEI/carrier unlock

So why did you need the model number?

And like i said, my only options is to buy an imei unlocker or simcard interposer cause my seriel number is : 228

So why did you need the model number?

And like i said, my only options is to buy an imei unlocker or simcard interposer cause my seriel number is : 228

Sorry for the bad tone if you understood it that way, it was not meant to be there...the tone :)

Just wanted to make sure that UltraSn0w is out of the equation. My rec would be to get an IMEI/carrier unlock. It's permanent and if iOS 6 walks down the same path as iOS 4, there'll be a long way to go for the iPhone 3GS. If a new jailbreak comes out for any future iOS's, you'll have to make sure that your interposer is compatible with the device before you take the upgrade and potentially lock yourself out of using your own phone.