What's new

baseband 05.16.02 unlock

archies

Reaction score
Hi after updating to 4.3.1 i lost my unlock, now my 3gs will not take my T Mobile sim, only a vodafone sim, i have jailbroken it but ultrasnow does not support the 05.16.02 baseband so i cant unlock it, is there any other way i can get my phone to take my U.K T-Mobile sim.

Thanks

Archie

Just a thought, but you know the uk sells the iphones factory unlocked?:)

there is this service: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-news-7/iphone-unlock-forever-10737/ but i would be very careful because it might work but you might also find that apple will find a way to stop it and block the imeis that where unlocked with out permission...

or just wait for a new unlock for your baseband which could take a while, there is no etas

Hi after updating to 4.3.1 i lost my unlock, now my 3gs will not take my T Mobile sim, only a vodafone sim, i have jailbroken it but ultrasnow does not support the 05.16.02 baseband so i cant unlock it, is there any other way i can get my phone to take my U.K T-Mobile sim.

Thanks

Archie

Best option if you NEED it is to upgrade to the 6.15 baseband with redsn0w and then ultrasn0w will work again.

The problem with that is that your stuck with the ipad baseband, but then again there wont be another firmware update for the iphone 3g so it could be ok.