What's new

Iphone 3GS jailbreaking//signal searching (also idiot user)

bigpkr

Reaction score
As per title i am an idiot, i have just got a iphone 3gs 16gb off my pal it was on orange so i took it to a shop to jailbreak and unlock to t mobile.

Now this is where i got lost as it gets technical.

I think after hours reading on the internet its the version that you need 4.3.5 (8L1) and the modem firmware 05.16.02, the carrier now shows t mobile uk 10.0 but when i put my sim in it just says searching. When the phone is turned off i just get the silver apple logo so i run redsnow to make the phone turn on again.

So i think the guy has put a program on called cydia but i dont know what that is.

I really really have no idea what to do but i want to have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone??

Please help, like i say i have searched for hours but i fail to understand the technical issues.

As per title i am an idiot, i have just got a iphone 3gs 16gb off my pal it was on orange so i took it to a shop to jailbreak and unlock to t mobile.

Now this is where i got lost as it gets technical.

I think after hours reading on the internet its the version that you need 4.3.5 (8L1) and the modem firmware 05.16.02, the carrier now shows t mobile uk 10.0 but when i put my sim in it just says searching. When the phone is turned off i just get the silver apple logo so i run redsnow to make the phone turn on again.

So i think the guy has put a program on called cydia but i dont know what that is.

I really really have no idea what to do but i want to have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone??

Please help, like i say i have searched for hours but i fail to understand the technical issues.

Cydia is the Jailbreak version of the app store only it has all the apps that apple do not approve of so if you have it there on the springboard it means you are already Jailbroken.

I dont recall what baseband you need to be able to use ultrasn0w but you will be able to find it in Cydia and install it, though in the uk you can buy the iphones factory unlocked I dont know why would would waste time and effort trying to unlock it and have the hassle of having to worry what baseband and firmware you are on.

Thanks for the reply.

You can get factory unlocked phones if the guy who has had the phone from new rings the service provider and pays a fee but i cant do that, hence why i have to do it this way.

Ok so if the phone is already jailbroken the jailbreak doesnt work correctly as it does say tmobile in the carrier box but it cant find the signal so is searching all the time. I have tried to reload the software but i cant get it to work properly??

And i cant do anything through that cydia app as the phone is searching all the time