What's new

SIM card swap

W@lly Kliver

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how to remove a possible SIM card swap intrusion? Pls don’t say intrusion isn’t possible, it is if u put any google anything on your device.
Any suggestions on a good apple iPhone compatible antivirus and anti malware software? What’s a good digit lengthwise password for a apple device?
That’s it for now. Thx in advance.

Anyone have an idea how to remove a possible SIM card swap intrusion? Pls don’t say intrusion isn’t possible, it is if u put any google anything on your device.
Any suggestions on a good apple iPhone compatible antivirus and anti malware software? What’s a good digit lengthwise password for a apple device?
That’s it for now. Thx in advance.
If you had been subjected to a SIM card swap intrusion you would not be able to use your phone at all. If this has happened, contact your data provider. There really really isn’t any anti-malware software you can download on an iOS device. You should get acquainted with all of Apple’s in built security settings and activate them appropriately.

If you had been subjected to a SIM card swap intrusion you would not be able to use your phone at all. If this has happened, contact your data provider. There really really isn’t any anti-malware software you can download on an iOS device. You should get acquainted with all of Apple’s in built securi

lieve sim swapping acts like a MITM Protocol Like for instance if my security at home is activated a swapped sim would catch the text telling me myt alarm

If you had been subjected to a SIM card swap intrusion you would not be able to use your phone at all. If this has happened, contact your data provider. There really really isn’t any anti-malware software you can download on an iOS device. You should get acquainted with all of Apple’s in built security settings and activate them appropriately.
Negative. I believe sim swapping acts like a MITM Protocol like for instance if my security at home is activated a swapped sim would catch the text telling me my alarm has been activated. You have any other suggestions on securing my iphone 11? Ive done so much in settings, Im actually looking for someone with more experience since this is my first iphone and Youtube only takes you but so far.

Thx in advance.

Negative. I believe sim swapping acts like a MITM Protocol like for instance if my security at home is activated a swapped sim would catch the text telling me my alarm has been activated. You have any other suggestions on securing my iphone 11? Ive done so much in settings, Im actually looking for someone with more experience since this is my first iphone and Youtube only takes you but so far.

Thx in advance.
There are some excellent university led courses on network security and pen testing. Perhaps you should sign up to one or two. You would learn far more than by watching a few YouTube videos.

Thee best answer yet, you have an addy for those free courses? Instead of just feeding me fish your willing to teach me how to fish, go.... CarolineM

Any solutions to the other parts of my questions?

Sim Car Inteusion is not something that any specific phone or it’s own software can prevent, it occurs to the apps and software we all use but requires your sim being compromised at the mobile provider level. Usually, an employee is bribed to switch a sim for someone other than the customer.. In addition to always setting up accounts with 2 factor authorization, using a 3rd party one time code authorizer can help you as can subsequently removing your cell phone number from the app account profiles to defeat these actions that occur when a mobile carrier has security personnel issues. Read these articles for understanding and info on how to prevent the issue: Busting SIM Swappers and SIM Swap Myths – Krebs on Security