What's new

Expensive mistake - Bezel swap left 2 phones with "searching" with or without sim?

ljtorana

Reaction score
HELLO ALL!!
This is my first post on the iphoneforums, yay! (i wish it could be a good thing today anyway)

So the story goes, as with all fellow apple lovers - i wanted to put a gold bezel on my phone 4s.

After completing the swap over, I thought everything was in, i had no left over screws or parts that i could tell. All the buttons worked, all sensors worked, WIFI and BLUETOOTH worked fine!, in fact there was absolutely no problem except it said "searching" in the top left... with no sim card?

So i put the sim in, and still - searching?

This is where i thought i'll try and stick another main board in (from my other 4s), BUM BOW! same again...
If i put the main boards in any other phone - "searching", they are now screwed

So STILL wanting my gold bezel, but also wanting to learn along the way (considering iv already started the "learn the expensive way" way, lol) can anyone enlighten me as to why i keep bricking my phones, all in the same way? (I dont need to hear "well leave it silver" - i dont learn anything this way :p)

Hoping someone can give me some info on what could be causing this - am i missing a vital piece of insulation, am i shorting something out?? pls help

PS: I cannot restore the phone threw itunes, it gets error 1 (baseband?) and freezes - forever...

Thanks in advance,
Dan,

I think the bezel works kinda like an antenna type thingamajig and whatever ones you may be purchasing are just for show and not actual working products but rather cleverly crafted prototype models perhaps used to deceive naive i-culture enthusiasts into wasting their precious slave wages on droppings of canine feces quality hand-set decorations. Just a thought...

I know people are having "no service" issues when replacing a damaged screen. Since you did tear down your phone to swap out the bezel, it more that likely the same problem. I just had a phone do this and I can't figure out what the hell went wrong.

I hope you resolve your issue and please update if you do. Good luck :)