What's new

Swapping SIM Card/ ATT service from ATT National Account BB to iPhone 4 ( ATT)

tothemax

Reaction score
Hello.... new member from San Francisco CA.. I just changed jobs and my new company offers strictly the dog$hit Blackberry w/ ATT service to it's employees...

I bought a relatively new (1 month old) iPhone 4 (for ATT) w/ [FONT=&quot]IOS 5 [/FONT]on EBAY and intended to simply swap the SIM card from the BB. ATT store stated they cannot activate the iPhone because it's on an ATT national account and has to be serviced only by the national account manager. Our company does not support this and are against staff using iPhones. They want us to use BB only.

Is there a method I can use to bypass what the ATT store does and still activate my phone using the SIM card from my BB? if yes. I would prefere the un-tethered version so that I do not have to reconnect to my computer every time I shut it down... I do not mind going to an older version of IOS so I do not have to use a tethered jailbrak.

All thoughts welcome

Thx for your help

I dont know how ATT works im afraid to say but I can tell you that as of this moment there is no un tethered jailbreak for ios 5 and you would need shsh blobs to downgrade to 4.3.3 (the latest firmware that has an un tethered jailbreak) and seeing as you bought it from ebay i doubt you have the shsh blobs so your only option would be to wait for a ios 5 un tethered jailbreak which I am sure wont be that long.

Hey.. tnx for your response and help... As it turns out, I was able to contact the EBAY person I bought it from and they said that particular phone I purchased had not been upgraded to iOS 5... they said it was some iOS 4.x but they did not know exactly which version... I am expecting to receive it next week and will find out exactly which version is loaded on there now.. However good news to know it's not iOS 5..

I have been reading your various posts on how to JB and unlock the phone and an not 100% comfortable with the process... (due me being totally inexperienced at this)

I was looking at the Gevey SIM Supreme Unlock SIM.... and also at this ** scam site **

I am a total noob at iphones ... specially at JB or Unlocking them .... I have Windows on my computer... iTunes for windows... I need the most simple idiot proof method of JB & Unlocking my ATT iPhone 4 so I can take the ATT SIM card from my company ATT BB and activate the ATT service on the iPhone..

There seem to be so many recommendations .... What "for dummies" method do you recommend I follow ... I am not afraid of spending $ to do this the easy way...
tnx for your help ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey.. tnx for your response and help... As it turns out, I was able to contact the EBAY person I bought it from and they said that particular phone I purchased had not been upgraded to iOS 5... they said it was some iOS 4.x but they did not know exactly which version... I am expecting to receive it next week and will find out exactly which version is loaded on there now.. However good news to know it's not iOS 5..

I have been reading your various posts on how to JB and unlock the phone and an not 100% comfortable with the process... (due me being totally inexperienced at this)

I was looking at the Gevey SIM Supreme Unlock SIM.... and also at this ** scam site **

I am a total noob at iphones ... specially at JB or Unlocking them .... I have Windows on my computer... iTunes for windows... I need the most simple idiot proof method of JB & Unlocking my ATT iPhone 4 so I can take the ATT SIM card from my company ATT BB and activate the ATT service on the iPhone..

There seem to be so many recommendations .... What "for dummies" method do you recommend I follow ... I am not afraid of spending $ to do this the easy way...
tnx for your help ....

the second link was to a scam site