What's new

SHSH Info

Craigmill

Reaction score
I was happily running with 6.01 JB when I ran into a problem that needed a restore. This restored my 3Gs to 6.1.3. I am now running a tethered JB. Just out of curiosity I downloaded and ran Tiny Umbrella, with the result that the log says "You have saved your iPhone3GS 6.1.2 (10B146) SHSH locally. In my User directory I now have a file "3625053246862-iphone2,1-6.1.2.shsh". My IPhone setting say I have 6.1.3 (10B329). I am confused? Can I downgrade to 6.1.2?

You restored to iOS 6.1.3. To use blobs, you'll need to create a custom IPSW and restore, or you can use RedSn0w's restore feature to restore. Remember that iOS 6 blobs saved automatically by Cydia don't have proper APTickets associated with them. You'd have to use iSHSHit, TinyUmbrella, iFaith and such to save them in order to have the proper APTickets saved as well.

I advised that I have a 3Gs running 6.1.3. I ran TinyUmbrella and saved 3625053246862-iphone2,1-6.1.2.shsh from my phone. Per your reply I download and ran iSHSHit this resulted in saving 3625053246862-iphone2,1-4.1.shsh. I did the same with iFaith and this showed it had saved 3625053246862-iphone2,1-6.1.3.shsh & 3625053246862-iphone2,1-4.1.shsh. So I "appear" have blobs for 4.1, 6.1.2, 6.1.3. The 4.1 version may have been created by the previous owner, the 6.1.3 is the current version. To the best of my knowledge I have never had 6.1.2 on my phone - I moved from 6.0.1 to 6.1.3. So where did the 6.1.2 come from, and is it genuine? If I risked it and used RedSn0w and the blobs were no good can I just cancel and get back to where I was?

Blobs can be saved even though your device was never on that iOS. Blobs are retrieved from Apple, not from your device. If you 6.1.2 blobs that have valid APTickets you can restore to 6.1.2. If anything goes wrong, just DFU restore back to 6.1.3

Many thanks for your prompt reply! Is there anyway to determine if my 6.1.2 blobs have valid APTickets before I start? If I downgrade can I re-jailbreak with evasion? Thanks again!

You really can't tell unless you try stitching them. You can also tell if you have blobs with proper APTickets. Proper APTicketed blobs are slightly larger than signature-only blobs.

If you can downgrade to 6.0-6.1.2, you can use Evasi0n. Otherwise, your only option is to restore to 6.1.3 and tether it.

Had the same experience..

Does this mean that you can save SHSH blobs for a firmware your not on,. ( I know you can't save them of apple have stopped signing the firmware),. For example if I'm on 6.1.2 can I save SHSH blobs for 6.13 as well?

Yes. You can retrieve blobs in 2 ways.
  1. From Cydia assuming that you have blobs saved on Cydia
  2. From Apple. This will only save the latest iOS that's being signed by Apple. Taking your example, that's correct. Even if your device is on iOS 6.1.2 or below, you can still save 6.1.3 blobs since you'll be getting them from Apple and Apple is still signing 6.1.3.

What is the size of the slightly larger blobs? The three blobs I have are 4.1.shsh = 6KB, 6.1.2.shsh = 4KB, 6.1.3.shsh =4KB! Can I assume the 6.1.3 from apple has the APTicket? Again many thanks for your assistance.

iOS 6 blobs will always have valid APTickets if you saved them manually to your PC, then host them onto Cydia. If it's automatically saved by Cydia, they won't have the proper APTickets. Since iOS 6.1.3 is the latest iOS, if you're restoring to 6.1.3, you won't have to worry about it since it's the latest iOS so you won't have to create a custom IPSW with blobs.

iOS 6 blobs with valid APTickets are about 6KB (actual is about 5.85-5.89 if you want to be more precise). iOS 6 blobs without valid or any APTickets at all are about 3.5KB (actual is about 3.3-4.0 if you want to be more precise)

Hi willerz2 - will you please clarify. You advised "iOS 6 blobs will always have valid APTickets if you saved them manually to your PC, then host them onto Cydia. If it's automatically saved by Cydia, they won't have the proper APTickets." I advised that "TinyUmbrella and saved 3625053246862-iphone2,1-6.1.2.shsh from my phone to my pc". Did I save them in your terms manually via TinyUmbrella? If I did how do I host them to Cydia? Having said that I assume that they do not have APTickets as they only show as 4kb. Is there a tutorial anywhere that shows schematic blocks of the OS software with the terms that everybody uses?

Unfortunately, no. You said it was retrieved from your phone, not from Apple. In the Advanced tab, there is a tickbox for "Retrieve SHSH from Cydia". That has to be unticked when saving iOS 6 blobs in order to have valid APTickets. If you want to save blobs using Cydia, you would have to use the new feature on the main page of Cydia to save your blobs. Unfortunately, it won't retrieve your old blobs, only iOS 6.1.3, meaning from iOS 6.1.3 and on, you'll have proper blobs and APTickets assuming you use the new save method on Cydia, or using your PC.

Last edited:
My iOS was 6.1.2, now it is 6.1.3. When i'm trying to save *.shsh file, I can't find 6.1.2.shsh. What's wrong? What am I doing wrong?

You can only save SHSH blobs when the iOS is being signed. It has nothing to do with what iOS your device is currently on, it's all about what Apple is doing. The current iOS being signed is iOS 6.1.3, so you can ONLY save iOS 6.1.3

And where can I find the 6.1.2.shsh blobs? I can't Jailbreack iPhone without it. I didn't know, that I must save it.