What's new

Show Your Home Screens

...and just a few more pages in, this pops up. WOW!
Don't know how you combine all that, but i'd sure like to know!

Look more and you'll probably see more that I have lol. I'm changing themes all the time and modding them a bit to change how it looks.

Install a theme you like. Learn some PhotoShop basics and pull the PSD's out from the phone by OpenSHH your phone either through ifunbox or WinSCP. It's all trial an error. Now those themes I've posted Im currently not using. On to something else for now. But you just reminded me how good it looks. Might have to go back an try them out.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333888605.587987.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333888626.211465.jpg
My latest using VIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's mine...Simple but functional for me.

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 317
  • $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 313
Well, if you're not using the last one I posted, i'll take it off your hands for ya! ;)
How would one (newbie) know if these themes would work on the 3GS or not?

Look more and you'll probably see more that I have lol. I'm changing themes all the time and modding them a bit to change how it looks.

Install a theme you like. Learn some PhotoShop basics and pull the PSD's out from the phone by OpenSHH your phone either through ifunbox or WinSCP. It's all trial an error. Now those themes I've posted Im currently not using. On to something else for now. But you just reminded me how good it looks. Might have to go back an try them out.

Well, if you're not using the last one I posted, i'll take it off your hands for ya! ;)
How would one (newbie) know if these themes would work on the 3GS or not?

By all means you can. I'm here to help. The only problem is that I wished I made a copy of that theme. Now I'm using something else and if I go back I have to set everything up again. To see if it's compatible it should tell you. But the themes are in high quality so I think someone correct me but it'll have some problems with the theme. But if you follow the themes website on ModMyi there are some help to get it working on your device.

G-Weezy said:
By all means you can. I'm here to help. The only problem is that I wished I made a copy of that theme. Now I'm using something else and if I go back I have to set everything up again. To see if it's compatible it should tell you. But the themes are in high quality so I think someone correct me but it'll have some problems with the theme. But if you follow the themes website on ModMyi there are some help to get it working on your device.

The way I save my theme with all my modifications intact is by saving them to my PC.

On your desktop make a folder. I entitled mine "Themes". ;)

Next you need a free tool called i-FunBox.

Open i-FunBox, plug in device and click on "Raw File System".

Now navigate to "var/stash/themes.xxxxxx.

Simply drag your theme folder to the folder on your desktop....and your theme is saved to PC/Mac.

After restore and WinterBoard is installed, jut drop the theme folder back into var/stash/themes. No need to respring. Shows up instantly.

As a precaution, make sure to click the Refresh button in i-FunBox a few times before disconnecting your device.

This is the only theme I use. I never have to download it and change the icons every time. I just drag it from PC desktop to var/stash/themes.xxxx

2c0ec480.jpg

It's not always that easy. Only saving your themes from var/stash to a themes folder on your PC won't restore any of your jailbreak tweaks after a restore. Especially if your themes use Cydia tweaks (many do - like ColorKeyboard, etc). I do keep a backup of my themes in the way suggested since I mess with and mod all my themes but I also use PKGBackup to remember and store all my packages and tweaks from Cydia. You really need both tools unless simple themes is all you use.

pianoman said:
It's not always that easy. Only saving your themes from var/stash to a themes folder on your PC won't restore any of your jailbreak tweaks after a restore. Especially if your themes use Cydia tweaks (many do - like ColorKeyboard, etc). I do keep a backup of my themes in the way suggested since I mess with and mod all my themes but I also use PKGBackup to remember and store all my packages and tweaks from Cydia. You really need both tools unless simple themes is all you use.

I'm pretty sure it is that easy actually.

You'll have to reinstall tweak if a theme needs them....but nevertheless....simple......easy. Actually saving the tweaks is just as easy now that I think of it....without any backup tool too. Tho it does not backup any settings. Just the deb files.

Either way....that is what I consider easy any way.

G-Weezy said:
Thanks, but now I all I do is save the bundle folder or the whole theme on my desktop. Just in case I need them later, I don't have to modify it again. I just didn't think about it earlier on my old themes

The whole theme folder. The entire thing.

Tho you can do it however you want.

I personally feel it is easier to just saw the entire them rite from themes.xxxxxx

I'm pretty sure it is that easy actually.

You'll have to reinstall tweak if a theme needs them....but nevertheless....simple......easy. Actually saving the tweaks is just as easy now that I think of it....without any backup tool too. Tho it does not backup any settings. Just the deb files.

Either way....that is what I consider easy any way.
I know it's not that easy because I've tried. And I did NOT get back all of my themes exactly after I just restored the THEMES folder to var/stash. Trust me you need a back up tool as well. But people can try for themselves. :)

I used complex themes that use PerPageHTML+ and Color Keyboard and Springtomize 2 setting changes. None of them are stored in the var/stash/themes folder. That's the issue.