What's new

Should I change ssh password?

azaleea

New Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello! I' m not exactly an expert so I really need some insight on a few things. My iphone 4 was jailbroken on someone else's mac. In order for me to be sure that they cannot access my phone, should I change the ssh password? Can I do it without a computer with mobileterminal? Please use simple English because as I said I'm not an expert and English is my 2nd language.
Thanx
 

iCrank

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
5,590
Reaction score
88
Location
Vallejo, Ca
azaleea said:
Hello! I' m not exactly an expert so I really need some insight on a few things. My iphone 4 was jailbroken on someone else's mac. In order for me to be sure that they cannot access my phone, should I change the ssh password? Can I do it without a computer with mobileterminal? Please use simple English because as I said I'm not an expert and English is my 2nd language.
Thanx

Yes! change your root password using mobile terminal. If you open Cydia there's step by step instructions.
 
OP
A

azaleea

New Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello iCrank! I'm new to the forum, I generally don't have much time to learn more about iphone 4 so Ι guess I didn't do badly, since I only have been looking in to it for 1/2 hour! So I'm right that this person can access my iphone? Do you know what exactly they can see or not?
This strange thing happened, one day a notification came saying to allow downloads because I downloaded an app from the computer. Of course I hadn't so I started believing the rumors about jailbroken iphones.. As I said just a rookie..
 
Last edited:

iCrank

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
5,590
Reaction score
88
Location
Vallejo, Ca
azaleea said:
Hello iCrank! I'm new to the forum, I generally don't have much time to learn more about iphone 4 so Ι guess I didn't do badly, since I only have been looking in to it for 1/2 hour! So I'm right that this person can access my iphone? Do you know what exactly they can see or not?

If any person knows about ssh they'll be able to get into your phone. If they really know about it, they"ll be able to see a lot. Every iPhone has the same root password. Once you JB your phone you open the phone up to be" let's say hackable" so change your password from the default password. Then you'll be able to protect your phone.

Oh and welcome to the forum
 
Last edited:
OP
A

azaleea

New Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Thank you! Good to be here, I have to learn a lot about the device..
Sorry for bombarding with questions but what if they already changed the default password?
 

iCrank

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
5,590
Reaction score
88
Location
Vallejo, Ca
azaleea said:
Thank you! Good to be here, I have to learn a lot about the device..
Sorry for bombarding with questions but what if they already changed the default password?

You're welcome If he changed it, restore your phone and rejailbreak. If you need access to a computer I'd suggest asking a trusted friend if he would let you use his comp. I would also ask for help with re jailbreaking
 

Jmills87

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2011
Messages
3,644
Reaction score
163
Location
The Land of Ice and Snow
It's really not a big deal, you can change it if you want, I never change mine. The only way people can access your phone is if they are on the same wireless network as you, know about SSH, know that you're jailbroken and know your IP address, so the chances are slim
 

iCrank

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
5,590
Reaction score
88
Location
Vallejo, Ca
Jmills87 said:
It's really not a big deal, you can change it if you want, I never change mine. The only way people can access your phone is if they are on the same wireless network as you, know about SSH, know that you're jailbroken and know your IP address, so the chances are slim

This is true but I wouldn't doubt a experience hacker. Could be sitting in Starbucks, using their wifi and BAM. the unthinkable.
 

dmitchstevens

New Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
Location
ky
iCrank said:
This is true but I wouldn't doubt a experience hacker. Could be sitting in Starbucks, using their wifi and BAM. the unthinkable.

i guess its better to be safe than sorry
 

dmitchstevens

New Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
176
Reaction score
1
Location
ky
Like they said its really no big deal. whats the chances of being on the same wifi connection. But yet they hack the pentagon and banks too. But my iphone doesn't have any money or power for hacking either. So it boils down to whatever each person is comfy with
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top