What's new

Settings question

J

Janset

Hi all.

When I get an incoming call and I put the phone to my earI notice that the screen goes dark, it then comes back on about one second later when removed from the ear.

Is it possible to set up the phone so that the screen does not black out when against the ear?

Regards

Janset said:
Hi all.

When I get an incoming call and I put the phone to my earI notice that the screen goes dark, it then comes back on about one second later when removed from the ear.

Is it possible to set up the phone so that the screen does not black out when against the ear?

Regards

Unfortunately no. This is so your face doesn't touch the hold/mute.... or End Call buttons on the screen.

Hi there Thomasjtsi.

Thanks for your prompt reply. So I guess I will just have to turn on the speaker when I have the need to follow phone instructions that require keypad entry. :-(

Regards

After you take the phone from your ear you should be able to push the home button and the screen will light up again without disconnecting. The you can select the keypad to enter stuff. Unless you have the enabled the setting to end call with home button.
By the same idea you can push the home button again and get to your home screen to access all you other apps while on the call. Like to look up a date on the calendar or something.

Hi all.

Regards

iPhones are fitted with a proximity sensor.....if your on a call, and pull the iPhone away from your ear the screen should automatically become visible...bringing the iPhone back to your ear should darken the screen... why would you want the phone to be visible when next to your ear...it's not exactly usable ..?

It is when I have rung a place and they ask me to press numbers to select options/functions. By the time it moves the phone from my ear and the screen lights up and my eyes focus to the keypad buttons, usually the recorded prompts have moved to the next set of instructions which I have now missed.

I guess under these circumstances the only option for me would be to place the call onto speaker and then I can do all that is required.

Regards

Another possible option is a Bluetooth headset. They are pretty cheap and great for driving or otherwise being hands free.

Thanks guys for your input. I think it is time to put this cunundrum to bed.

Regards

Back