What's new

Setting Up Email From Private Server

ssg978

Reaction score
I jumped over to Verizon's iPhone4 almost 2 wks ago. I got most of the phone set up and key apps found and installed with only a minor bug or two. However, in trying to set-up my company's email from our private server, I'm stuck! Prior to the Apple, I had a Blackberry 9630 Tour and set up this particular email account with no problem whatsoever.

Now the following might be the problem for Apple, even though it wasn't for the RIM:
The email is processed through our private server. I have all the POP and SMTP config info, as well as the ports, encryption, etc. Prior to the iPhone, this email was forwarded to both by Blackberry and a Gmail account and worked flawlessly from the first day I configured the email. Yet, no matter what, where, and how I enter the identical information, I cannot get the iPhone to verify the account. Please also note that all I want to forward is email that is sent to the company's email address, and not all the mail that comes to this Gmail account.

So now that I've spun this conundrum of a spider's web, anyone willing to step on a silky strand and offer some advice?

Thanks and have a great weekend.

SSG978

Cap10Mark - Thanks for the link. It helped me find the correct way of setting up our mail system which is now working well.