What's new

Lotus Notes Traveler users / 1st Steps when you get the iPhone

DJ r

Reaction score
I have Lotus Notes Traveler (LTN) for my iPad. It wirelessly syncs all contacts/calendar/email from Lotus Notes/iNotes. It's fantastic.

From what I hear, when people get their phones they are told to exchange contacts with their old phone prior to activation.

For LNT users, like me, I can't. I'll need to set up the phone with itunes first, then activate (where? vzw or itunes), then once I have pop3 on the phone, I can click on the "set up link" email that my IT guy sent me. When I click on that link, it launches the APP LTN where it walks me through installing LTN. From there, my contacts, calendar, email will be installed and restored on the iPhone.

Does anyone have any info on this? Does any of this sound accurate?

Previously with my Blackberry Tour 9630 on VZW I had the corporate package BES blackberry enterprise server. This costs $15 per month I believe. And it's additional to the data service pkg.

Another note. with the iPhone, I don't need the corporate plan anymore. Because the LTN app will just do the trick without the corp plan.

well i got the phone today so i'll update this thread, which has been worthless so far;)

but i'm sure someone else will have the need for LTN.
here is what I did:

unbox phone
sync with itunes which activates phone
during sync allow phone to update browser favs, some pop3 accounts, a few apps.
once that was all done (2 min max) the phone was on.

go to an email in your pop3 where you have a link to DL the app LTN
click on link, log in. and follow about 3 steps. a lot less steps than with my att ipad.

CONTACTS began syncing instantly (took 3-5 mins total),

during that time the following were also synced instantly:
CALENDAR
LOTUS NOTES EMAIL ACCT (INCLUDING FOLDERS of INBX mail)

notes:
- in address book entrys, personal notes that I have added for specific contacts on my previous phone (BB) or on the LN side (on computer), they are THERE ON THE PHONE!
with at&t these notes are NOT there. big √ there for VZW.

the question I have now is, the TO DO list.
att or vzw, doesn't matter, the TO DO list can't be synced from the Lotus Notes To Do files to the apple MEMO files, so there is no way to sync them.
why not, argh.

iphone_I.png

Last edited: