What's new

NOTES on phone/icloud

angeliq

Reaction score
When in settings I switch off contacts, reminders, calendars etc, I got the option to "keep on phone", but with notes I don't get that option. When I switch notes to off, it disappear on my phone. It needs to be "on" to see it. Can someone help me with that please?

Unfortunatly there is no way to change that behavior at this time. Believe it has something to do with the way they store and transmit the notes to each device synced to that account. The last time I looked at this feature in detail, they handle it thru an IMAP folder on the email account itself. And by turning it off, you are simply no longer looking at that folder. If they were to allow you to continue to modify notes on the iDevice and you ever turned the sync back on, the system would have no way to resolve any conflicts you created. Contacts and Calendars on the other hand are handled thru a different storage mechanism that is hardened against desycn issues of this nature.

Thanks a lot. I don't think it is general knowledge. I use my notes for important info, and could have created a problem for myself....thanx!