What's new

RoadRunner email problems

cdga114

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new verizon iPhone owner and I have been trying to set up my email. I use a roadrunner account here in central New York and I want to set it up on my phone. I went through all of the steps and the phone will receive email from my account but I can not reply of send emails. When I do I get a message that says "The sender address was rejected by the server." I have triple checked the setting and they are the same as my home computer. I am getting frustrated because I have been using the same account with my Blackberry for over two years. Can any one help me?

I had the exact same problem fir months. I finally found the answer on apple.com. Just go to support and search for your error message. There is a reply that walks you step by step go fix the problem. It has to do with your SMTP setting in outgoing messages

Thanks for the response.

I searched on apple support for about two hours and could not find anything specific to my error message. I decided to get a gmail account and forward my roadrunner mail to it for the time being. Eventually I will figure out how to set it up directly when I get more time. At this point I get my mail it's just the long way around.

Try this... Go to Settings>mail>accounts(choose your roadrunner acct)>outgoing mail server>SMTP>primary server (should be set to your roadrunner acct) Server should be ON.
Just make sure all info on that page is correct. User name, password everything... This worked for me.
Hopefully this is the answer to your problem.

I work for Time Warner in Tier 3 Support.
This May help you out:

First, click Settings Then press Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Press Add Account… Press Other

Press Add Mail Account Fill in the blanks and press next

Now the actual fun starts, the OS will go
out and attempt to retrieve all your
settings and return with this error… Just click save

Don’t be shocked when you get another
error, press No and you get… Click Save

This will drop us back to the list of our
email accounts. Click on the one we just
made Scroll down to SMTP server

Select the correct server

Here’s what your settings should look like. Please note that the username required for SMTP is your FULL EMAIL address not just the username required by the POP server

Tried to copy and paste a word doc with pictures because the attachment was too large. Sorry if the previous post doesn't make sense. I'll try to post a different way.