What's new

Seriously Upset

Keenor

Reaction score
So today after school my battery sits around 2%, naturally I plug it in and to my surprise it doesn't begin charging. I try disconnecting it and reconnecting it, then restarting. As you may know, when the battery is that low, it stays off at the battery screen. Long story short troubleshooting brings me to the semi-conclusion that the dock connector is pooched.

When I plug it in all the way it almost never says charging, but when I unplug it half way it sometimes will get the charging lightning bolt. The funny part is, even if I get it to stay like this.. It never turns on, it's like its lying saying its charging when in reality it's still not charging.

I don't abuse my phones, but this thing has already received a crack in the corner from a low drop inside a case, and now the dock connector..

I assume responsibility for the crack, but I'm pretty sure Rogers would replace the phone because of the charging issues, except for the crack they would probably have an issue with?

Any takes on this? Thanks..

You would be better taking it to apple and have them look at it. Explain what you have told us (it was working fine after the drop but not now). Apple are very understanding with these kind of things so you might be surprised...

You should be restoring it before you go... ;)

Last edited:
Do you have another charger or iPod cable to test with. I have seen many of the charger cables break for iPods. Or try charging different device on your dock.

Do you have another charger or iPod cable to test with. I have seen many of the charger cables break for iPods. Or try charging different device on your dock.
+1... I would definitley try using another "Apple" charge/data cable and see if this helps. We have 3 iDevices in my house and probably 4 or 5 cables.... but only one will work w/ my iPhone.

I have many cables too, like I said, definitely the dock connector.

Good news, here's the turnout. First of all there was no way to restore it, I couldn't get it to boot or go into DFU or anything like that. I brought it in to the Apple Store and of course, as I'm sitting on the stool waiting I manage to power it on with 7% battery I managed to force into it earlier. So I'm sitting here waiting to show them my jailbroken running iPhone..

They still had no problem replacing it, they said no pins were missing and the plastic hadn't broken off, therefore it wasn't my fault. Either he didn't notice it was jailbroken or didn't care.

I still think it was funny he couldn't restore it from the device because it was jailbroken.

I have many cables too, like I said, definitely the dock connector.Good news, here's the turnout. First of all there was no way to restore it, I couldn't get it to boot or go into DFU or anything like that. I brought it in to the Apple Store and of course, as I'm sitting on the stool waiting I manage to power it on with 7% battery I managed to force into it earlier. So I'm sitting here waiting to show them my jailbroken running iPhone..They still had no problem replacing it, they said no pins were missing and the plastic hadn't broken off, therefore it wasn't my fault. Either he didn't notice it was jailbroken or didn't care.I still think it was funny he couldn't restore it from the device because it was jailbroken.
So... you're saying that the Apple Store replaced your device knowing that it was Jailbroken?

He didn't mention it, so like I said, either he didn't notice it was jailbroken, or didn't care. I knew it wouldn't finish restoring directly from the device but he just tossed it in a box which he called "it's grave" regardless.