What's new

Seriously, is an iPhone not in my future?

pacanis

Reaction score
So as I mentioned, my iPhone was one out of four million (apparently) that arrived DOA. Verizon could give me no help, so I was all ready to switch back to At&t. No problem with them before when I was with them. I called them on Saturday (local store) and they said they had some 32 GB phones in stock. Not my first choice, but what's an extra hundred? So I called them yesterday (Sunday) to check hours and they were closed, which kind of surprised me for a large store.
I drove over there today as they opened and guess what? They were sold out of ALL their 4s phones. Apparently they WERE open Sunday and sold out of their remaining 32's and 64's. I guess someone forgot to change their message or something.
So I called At&t direct and was told 21 week waiting period, them or the store... And Verizon won't give me a straight answer when if ever they will get more...

Two weeks on pre-order, DOA iPhone, nothing in reserve to replace it, major long wait for B/O phones... and we all know how back ordered items work... It almost seems that the cards are stacked against me, or is it a sign? lol

You folks that got working iPhones are LUCKY. I'll just keep wallowing here, trying to decide my next move. When are the fives due out ;^)

I have got 21 weeks waiting order too. Who can tell me what shall I do now??

oops... yes, I meant 21 DAYS. Maybe subliminally I was thinking it might as well be 21 weeks, lol.

I just really hate to be on hold for a B/O that may or may not come in on time. And I'm not in a position to drive 1-1/2 hours to the nearest Apple store. Maybe I'll call Apple's online store and see if they can do anything. If anything, I'll let them know how Verizon bumbled this up.

that blows! and im in the same boat. Pre-ordered on Oct 10 early morning and am on back order status....I really am antsy feeling and want the phone to come now.....i looked on apples site and checked malls near me and their apple stores say unavailable for all models of iphone 4s...great...i called a few days ago to my att and they said they only have 32 and 64 gb left....i dont want to spend 300 alone on the phone for a larger amount of memory but....maybe...i bet their now sold out anyhow.... att says 21 to 28 day wait on their live chat and such and im hoping by some miracle my phone arrives magically this week sometime or next week.....3 plus weeks is too much to wait and i believe the rep said 14 plus days when i pre ordered so i hope it latest comes next week.... :( so jealous of those who got their phones on oct 14...lol on the bright side if there were any issues they have them fixed now eh? heh thats thinking w the glass half full haha

The stores around here don't even have the 32 anymore, iJane. I just happened to receive a $100 gift card from my bank last week, so was all set to move up to a 32 GB if anyone had them.
I wish I could look at the glass half full, but between Verizon and At&t I'm ready to pop.

I just got off the phone with Apple and explained my situation. They said they did have the iPhones in stock, but held firm to their 1-2 weeks shipping that their website says. You would think if they were replacing a DOA unit they could bend a little, but it's probably part of Apple's only release a few at a time strategy. So right now I am seeing what the Droid Razr being launched today brings. The way I look at it is, I did my phone shopping three weeks ago and picked the iPhone 4s, now I'm starting all over again.