What's new

When do AT&T stores get more iPhones?

AznSensAsians

Reaction score
The crowded AT&T store around my neighborhood has been sold out of iPhones. I purposely wanted to get the iPhone a few weeks after its release so that things are settled down and competition for getting it isn't as high. But it's been a few weeks now and I've called in my AT&T store everyday for the past week and they havent received any iPhones yet and they said they were going to get them "soon." Does anyone have any idea on how often Apple ships off their iPhones to AT&T stores?
Also, I live in Chicago. So shouldn't that mean, being a populated city and all, that iPhones should be coming in more frequently? I've been dying to get it lol.

Last edited:
The crowded AT&T store around my neighborhood has been sold out of iPhones. I purposely wanted to get the iPhone a few weeks after its release so that things are settled down and competition for getting it isn't as high. But it's been a few weeks now and I've called in my AT&T store everyday for the past week and they havent received any iPhones yet and they said they were going to get them "soon." Does anyone have any idea on how often Apple ships off their iPhones to AT&T stores?
Also, I live in Chicago. So shouldn't that mean, being a populated city and all, that iPhones should be coming in more frequently? I've been dying to get it lol.

Nobody knows when but your best bet is to order it online through wireless.att.com. Apple.com is a 3-week wait. I've heard of people getting it from AT&T website in as little as a week.

The stores are most likely receiving them daily. The problem is the inventory they are receiving is reserved. If you want one in the near future I would order it so there is one reserved for you.

FWIW, I ordered from AT&T on line, and received in 12 days. I didn't want the hassle of the crowds at the store, only to be told they had sold out. My wife ordered one for her boss the same day I did; he received it in 6 days, mine was listed as "backordered" later that same day. I ordered a 16gb, his was a 32gb; I don't know if that made any difference or not.

Just place an order at the AT&T store, they claim 7-10 business days, but realistically its more like 4-5. I'm sure it's a lot easier to place an order and pick it up in-store hassle free instead of calling every day asking if they have any.

I got my 16GB ip4 through attwireless.com, then went to a store to swap it for a 32GB, took 5 business days and was relatively painless.

I called ATT and they just told me 7-14 days was the wait. I even called Apple and they said right now it's about 4 weeks from placing my order to it being in my hand. I called 5-10 minutes ago. So it looks like i'm ordering mine thru ATT.

From posts in other threads about ordering and shippment times I would say average is 10 days from order to having it either at the AT&T store or on your doorstep. I ordered my 16G phone July 6th at the AT&T store and it was at my door on July 16th at 10:30am.

If you wait for them to have open stock in stores you will be waiting a long long time.

I asked my local ATT store and they told me they would have them late August or early Sept. I placed my order through ATT.com last Wed. Still waiting for the phone, but hopefully it will be here in the next few days.

Just place an order at the AT&T store, they claim 7-10 business days, but realistically its more like 4-5. I'm sure it's a lot easier to place an order and pick it up in-store hassle free instead of calling every day asking if they have any.

I got my 16GB ip4 through attwireless.com, then went to a store to swap it for a 32GB, took 5 business days and was relatively painless.

I called around for 2 weeks hoping that they would get some in stock, and I was eventually told by an associate at the AT&T store that at the moment, all the phones they get in are for those that have ordered/reserved. So I went in last Monday and ordered a 32GB. He said they were told to tell customers the wait time is around 7-10 days, but that they have been getting them in around 3-5 days.
I hope that helps.
:cool:

ooo thanks everyone for informing me. i really appreciate the advice :)

Well I'm in Kansas city mo & that's what they've said to me as well. But I reserved mines also I received my ip4 on Monday July 26th

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 67
I ordered my iPhone4 16g last Tuesday from my AT&T store. They gave me the 7-10 day delivery date. They said they give them to folks who have ordered first and any left over are for walk ins. I suggest if you want one, order it. They take your credit card and charge to it when the phone is handed to you.

The apple store near me (It's a corporate store) has iPhones in stock. It's been killing me because I ordered from at&t and waited 3 weeks, all while they've had them sitting on the shelf.