What's new

Sending pics over wifi

jobrien4487

Reaction score
Every time I try to send a picture over wifi it fails like 2 to 5 times if it even sends. It works over 3G usually great. Is anyone one else having this problem or know the reason?

the only time i've every had a problem with WIFI was when my iphone forgot the password to my home WIFI network.

Since I changed the phone to connect to the actual network using WPA, haven't had the problem again. even when rebooting the phone.

(I have a Cisco Valet router that has both wireless LAN and WIFI.) The WIFI portion uses a simple password, but only allows internet access, not local network. That's the part the iphone would forget.

since I changed to the more secure local network access, it hasn't forgotten the WPA key yet. Weird, but what the heck.

Ok so say I'm home and I'm connected to wifi like always when I'm home and I wanna send a friend a pic over a text message. What do I do?

Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Turn on Cellular Data -> Turn on Data Roaming for you to send pics via MMS :)

Ok so say I'm home and I'm connected to wifi like always when I'm home and I wanna send a friend a pic over a text message. What do I do?

You need to send it as if you are sending a text message, but previousely you need to have an APN setting for mms and enable mms in the SMS setting under settings. Here is a screenshot for better understanding:
Go to setting> general> network/ make sure your settings look like this one
7b797a2b-cefe-af4c.jpg

Next go to setting> general> network> cellular data network/ scroll down a little an you will see the MMS part, make sure you have the needed information input there like on this screenshot:
7b797a2b-cf8d-48a6.jpg

Next go to setting> messages/ make sure it looks like this screenshot here:
7b797a2b-cfff-110a.jpg

If everything is set on correctly, reboot your device and then go you your SMS application tap to reply to a message or to write a new message and you should have an icon like this here on the screenshot:
7b797a2b-d0cd-f00a.jpg
7b797a2b-d0db-8338.jpg

You can now send whatever MMS to your contacts, but notice that if they don't have the MMS setting in their phone, they will never be able to receive your MMS, if you come to that case tell your contacts to go to the MMS settings in their phone and input the MMS informations, you can get those informations from your carrier, I mean informations like these ones here.
7b797a2b-d17c-b7ba.jpg

Thanks it's working now but now that I have roaming on won't I get ALOT of charges when I send the pics now? All I did was turn roaming on and it worked I didn't see the mms part