What's new

SE problems

Brett Thornicroft

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Sure hope someone can help, although my phone can connect to at least two routers (home and work), for some reason it cant pick up the internet (shows no bars), its was fine until Christmas and possibly happened when I was setting my wife's SE that I bought her for a present. I assume I have thrown a switch somewhere in the phone to cause the problem. I did a complete erase and reset phone to factory and could see internet bars whilst it was loading but as soon as I ran the backup from icloud ......then bars disappeared again.
Anyone any thoughts?
Tks Brett.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Try resetting the network settings:
Go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. This will remove Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, APN and VPN. You‘ll have to set them up again afterwards.

If that doesn‘t help, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi (a friend‘s). If that works, make sure your router‘s firmware is up to date.
If you can‘t connect to Wi-Fi, contact Apple.

Hi Everyone

Sure hope someone can help, although my phone can connect to at least two routers (home and work), for some reason it cant pick up the internet (shows no bars), its was fine until Christmas and possibly happened when I was setting my wife's SE that I bought her for a present. I assume I have thrown a switch somewhere in the phone to cause the problem. I did a complete erase and reset phone to factory and could see internet bars whilst it was loading but as soon as I ran the backup from icloud ......then bars disappeared again.
Anyone any thoughts?
Tks Brett.

I don’t know where you live...we live in Nashville, TN where the RV Explosion occurred. We have AT&T cell phone service.
Our phones were out until today.
The explosion took place in front of the AT&T substation. The bomber was an IT guy and committed suicide as he was inside the RV.
It took out service ALL over the South Eastern area. KY, GA, FL and of course TN.
If you’re located in this part of the country that could possibly be your problem as this happened Christmas Day. I was on the phone with my Mother around noon and our phones went dead. If not, I’m sure J. A. has the Correct Advice for You! Just thought I’d mention this also. I hope you get your problem solved.

I've heard that the bomber was an anti-conspirationist and anti-5G....

That’s what the authorities are saying.
He was living with his elderly mother whom they have questioned. So eventually that will come out. The guy had 14 cameras sit up around his home. They did say he was on the computer looking at Quanon info. And he thought 5G technology is what brought on the COVID-19 and spread it so quickly.
Conspiracy, paranoia and who knows what this guy’s motive truly was? Maybe we’ll find out something from the mother.