What's new

Screen lock

silkhandkerchief

Reaction score
I have somehow locked my screen, i.e. when I change my phone position from upright to landscape, pics, web pages, etc. will not change accordingly. Really annoying. There is also an icon on the status bar: a lock with an arrow circling around it. I can't seem to find a way of unlocking it, have tried all the menus several times without success. No option in Photos or Safari. Help!

1. Double click the home button to bring up the multitasking bar.
2. Swipe right until the last set of icons is displayed in the multitasking bar (these will include play/pause and skip buttons for iPod or Pandora).
3. The furthest left icon looks like a circular arrow - touch this icon to enable or disable rotation lock on the iPhone.
4. A rotation lock icon will appear in the status bar next to the battery charge icon when rotation lock is enabled. This looks like a circular arrow around a padlock.

Dave, thank you very much. I had an idea that it would be something simple, although I would never have thought of looking anywhere other than in the settings menus. That's why it was driving me crazy! Thanks again, you're a hero!