I have iphone4 running on ios 5.0. should I

1- Save my shsh blobs now
2- update to 5.0.1, then save shsh blobs
3- Save 5.0 blobs, then update & also save the 5.0.1 blobs

And from what I been reading I will save using ifaith

Ifaith 1.4 will save them.

I would keep your 5.0 and wait it out. That's what I am doing

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yes you can dump your 5.0 SHSH with iFaith if you want. You can go ahead and update to 5.0.1, pod2g announced that the jailbreak is compatible with 5.0.1.

Jmills87 said:
Yes you can dump your 5.0 SHSH with iFaith if you want. You can go ahead and update to 5.0.1, pod2g announced that the jailbreak is compatible with 5.0.1.

Thanks guys. Is it necessary to save 5.0.1 blobs also after updating before doing the untethered jb when released?

Well, the jail break community didn't think so, what with the changes Apple made to the verification process for iOS 5. However, with iFaith, iH8sn0w has figured out a way to use those blobs.

So, it's still a good idea to save blobs when offered the chance cause you never know what these brilliant JBers will figure out next.

Marilyn

TinyUmbrella blobs are still useless for now but MuscleNerd is planning on implementing an iFaith like feature into Redsn0w so that you can use them in the future. So you can save your iOS 5.0.1 blobs with TinyUmbrella but yes you should also dump them with iFaith in case you need to restore before MuscleNerd releases the new feature.