What's new

Rumour: Sharp Will be Manufacturing OLED Displays for the iPhone

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Sharp making OLED displays for iPhone.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that after being acquired by Foxconn, Sharp looks set to be one of the manufacturers of OLED displays for forthcoming iPhones. According to a Nikkei report, Sharp is in the process of setting up an OLED production line at one of Foxconn’s iPhone assembly factories, with all of the OLED display production due to be carried out at the facility intended for future iPhones.

Nikkei says that Sharp intends to invest JPY100 billion ($864 million) in installing the OLED display production line at Foxconn’s Zhengzhou City plant in the north of China.

The OLED displays made by Sharp at this newly established production line will not be for the 2017 iPhone range, however, as trial production at this facility is not expected to start until 2018 or even 2019. Sharp may well be making OLED displays for this year’s iPhone at other factories, though, joining the likes of Samsung, LG Display, and Japan Display in making OLED displays for the iPhone 8.

Source: Sharp to make OLED displays for upcoming iPhones at Foxconn factory, says report

Nikkei says that Sharp intends to invest JPY100 billion ($864 million) in installing the OLED display production line at Foxconn’s Zhengzhou City plant in the north of China.

No No No and No! China again ? I am sick and tired of Made in China. Arghh!

No idea where you live and l will not post again on this thread.
2 totally identical iPhone 8's with the OLED display, both backed up by Apple.
One priced at €900.00 the other with the screen made in China €750.00 which would you buy. Think about it my friend

I live in America but originally from Portugal. Sorry about the English, mind you.

I know about Made In China since I have an iPhone 6 PLUS. Disappointment that it was made in China too. I will have to live with it but hopefully in the future things might change. :) Thanks for replying, thought.

I live in America but originally from Portugal. Sorry about the English, mind you.

I know about Made In China since I have an iPhone 6 PLUS. Disappointment that it was made in China too. I will have to live with it but hopefully in the future things might change. :) Thanks for replying, thought.
Virtually all of the products that Apple sells are manufactured for Apple by contractors in China.