What's new

restore iphone 4 error 1013 and 1611

You've probably tried this by now, but after you add / remove the lines from your hosts file, you MUST restart iTunes. If you don't you will still get the error.

What's the problem then...?

I finally got it to work but Itunes would not finish the restore/upgrade to 4.2.1 but Greenpoison did get it finished and jailbroken at the same time. I kept finally getting Error 1013 (instead of Error 0xE8000013) and editing the Hosts file did nothing so it was i a loop.

I'm just glad it worked, i did have to backup y contacts from my Blackberry Torch and restore them to the iPhone 4, it saved me a lot of typing etc...!

After upgrading from FW 4.3 to 4.3.1 (not jailbroken) I have this error 1013 and my phone would not come out of this loop.

I followed the instructions for Windows XP and deleted the line, restarted iTunes and then my phone succesfully went through the restore.

Lost all the stuff of the phone but retained it allon iTunes so just a pain to now put all the stuff back on my phone but a good excuse for a clear out :)

yeah pkgbackup is worth the $5 bucks and it saves all the urls to the files you have in your contacts so when you backup in itunes it backs up all your cydia apps so when you do re jailbreak it can re install everything after you re install pkgbackup 1st ofc :) it used to be a real pain having to re install everything, but now the only pain is when you upgrade and a lot of apps dont work on that latest firmware