What's new

error 1013, and wont restore

bubbles61

Reaction score
Hiya, can any one help, my iphone 4 said that i needed to connect to itunes and restore, so i updated itunes to the latest version, which all went well, then i connected my iphone, pressed restore, but after going through it all it said an error has occured and it wouldnt restore, so i tried again but to no avail, after reading up on things, i turned off my norton security, and tried...nothing, restarted the pc...nothing, went into notepad, but there was no where it said about apple in the host for me to delete, so i am now a bit stuck and without a phone.
does anyone have any suggestions pleeeeze :(

Tj

To solve the error 1013 while upgrading iOS via itune on a windows computer follow these steps.
1. Go to C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers \etc

2. In the etc folder you can see hosts file.

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove the following lines that says Ags.apple.com

4. Restart your computer

5. Connect your device to your computer and perform the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya thankyou for your reply, i have already tried that, but when i go into the hosts file in notepad, it just brings up what the hosts file is, and gives examples, it doesnt acrually give me a list of files. my itunes runs from an external hard drive, is this the reason why?

Tj

Enable "view hidden files" to be able to see all hidden file in the system.

I had already clicked on view all files in the drop down menu.

Tj

Hiya thankyou for your reply, i have already tried that, but when i go into the hosts file in notepad, it just brings up what the hosts file is, and gives examples, it doesnt acrually give me a list of files. my itunes runs from an external hard drive, is this the reason why?

Tj

Why don't you install itunes in your computer disk? Where is the location of the backup files saved by itunes and IPSW files downloaded by itunes in your computer? In that external hard drive? Or in c:

I open itunes from my desk top, but it will only open if my external hard drive is connected, so i dont actually connect my drive then go into it and find itunes, if that makes sense.

Tj

Well i don't know how to help u out. Itunes files might not be at the locate that they are suppose to be then. I think u will have to install the latest itunes and install it on your c: drive, that should help make things much easier.

Ok, thankyou for your help, i know itunes is already on the computer, it just reads all my music files off the hard drive.

Tj