What's new

Removing Winterboard and Dreamboard

diesel

Reaction score
I installed Winterboard and Dreamboard in my iPhone 4 a few days ago and due to it slowing down my iPhone I decided to remove it.
I deleted it from Cydia under the packages. Then to make sure there isn't any thing left of it, I ran iCleaner.
Now after doing all of this my iPhone was back to its normal theme and looks. But today all of a sudden the folders in my iPhone are now the ones which were in a theme called 'ayecon'.
I have downloaded iFiles but I don't know how to use it. Can I remove winterboard and Dreamboard completely from iFiles in a way that there's no trace of it left?

Thank you in advance.

The problem was you uninstalled WinterBoard while the theme was still enabled.

You can do one of 2 things.

Wait for the folderBG cache to clear and load...which will take a while.

Or

Install WinterBoard
Install Aeycon..
Enable it.
Respring.
Doable the theme
Respring.

Then the folderBG should be back to normal.

It's best you alway disable a theme before uninstalling it or WinterBoard.

It's probably also best to disable the theme...then uninstall the theme...then uninstall WinterBoard.

But chances are that WinterBoard did not slow down your phone...nor the Aeycon theme.

DreamBoard is the main memory hog here. DreamBoard eats RAM like crazy, and can even cause the phone to keep freezing.

With a WinterBoard theme like Aeycon...that would probably make your device run smoother and nice....

You should choose one theming option or another...meaning use either WinterBoard...or DreamBoard...but never both. You can..but I don't recommend it. I actually would never recommend DreamBoard to anyone.lol.

Thanks for the info. Yeah Dreamboard was crazy, I was too tired of the stock look of the iOS lol.
So no need to get into iFiles?

diesel said:
Thanks for the info. Yeah Dreamboard was crazy, I was too tired of the stock look of the iOS lol.
So no need to get into iFiles?

Uh.....

I didn't say anything about iFile.

zig9449 said:
Uh.....

I didn't say anything about iFile.

You didn't but in my first post I asked if I could fix it through iFiles

diesel said:
You didn't but in my first post I asked if I could fix it through iFiles

Ooh yeah...your rite...my bad.

You should *always* have iFile installed. iFile is a *necessity* for *all* jailbroken devices.

Crazy to not have iFile installed.

But to answer your question...no you don't need iFile for this particular situation.

But on would be wise to always have iFile installed. You will need it at one point or another and that us a guarantee. *especially* for themers and people that use Safari Download Enabler.