What's new

Remove "fold to unlock" text from Unfold?

Jmills87

Reaction score
So I just got that Unfold tweak that allows you to unfold your lockscreen. It works great and I'm glad cause it plays nice with my Weather Elements lockscreen as well. However, the unfold text interferes with my Weather Elements slider, any ideas on how I could disable just that part of it?

img0724d.png

Last edited:
Ok. I usually stay out of the jailbreak related threads because I simply don't have a background in the subject matter.

BUT THAT IS SIMPLY SLICK.

And now I finally have a small twinge of jealously. :p

:p

An update, I would also settle for disabling the Weather Elements slider so that just the Unfold one is showing. I think that may be easier since Unfold is a tweak and Weather Elements is a theme.

ROTFL.... Can't and I even have an excuse this time (LOL). Have an upcomming thread that will require me to be stock at all times.

/me wonders how long that excuse can last......

I'm fine with the slider arrow, I just want to get rid of the text that or get rid of the slider bar from the Weather Elements theme

Note that I don't use this tweak, yet (I like my Move2Unlock tweak), but maybe the developer is using the stock "slide to unlock" text file and has just changed it to be "fold to unlock"?

So, what if you went into iFile and changed the text? Go look in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings and search for AWAY_LOCK_LABEL.

If that "fold to unlock" text is there, you know that's what the developer did and so then you can just delete the phrase (leaving the quotes).

Maybe that'll do it?

Marilyn

P.S. And just in case, in the address, "English.lproj" is for whatever language you are running. I would assume you'd have to use your own language folder if you aren't using English...

What I do is Open iFile, tap the status bar.

tap the Search field

Type in "Fold to unlock"

When it shows (if it does)

You probably need to look for a file called "English.iproj"

Hopefully it's there. I have no idea.lol

If it is there should be a "localizable.strings" file within the folder.

It should be extremely small considering all that should be inside is nothing but "Fold to unlock" if the developer did use a language string to to put "Fold to unlock" there anyway.

I am actually going to venture into this very modification myself(but not today.lol). Please post back if you find out how to change it.

What I said is just how I would have "started".

Hopefully that helps.

The search function within iFile is a very powerful tool, and nothing is case sensitive, so often just typing a name in the search bar with "Hierarchy" selected..........Not "Directory". That is only for searching the one DIR you are in.

I also find it pretty cool that this tweak works so well with the widgets and what not on your lock screen.lol