What's new

Redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 3 Released To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.4 [How To]

FreaKGeeKs

Reaction score
Musclenerd of iPhone Dev Team has just kicked out the Apple iOS 4.3.4 jailbreak in the update of Redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 3, currently it was only a tethered boot so it is highly recommended to users that not to update their iOS firmware versions to the iOS 4.3.4. because it won't come up with any new feature. Just simple patch of i0n1c and Comex Jailbreak:

Update #3: For the convenience of kernel hackers like @comex and @i0n1c, we have a new redsn0w 0.9.8b3 that supports a TETHERED jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 on all devices that have 4.3.4 except the iPad2. The vast majority of people will want to stay back at 4.3.3 because that’s where the untethered jailbreak is! There are no new features in 4.3.4 — only fixes for jailbreak exploits.

Also, this is a good time to remind everyone (since we’re still seeing confusion about this): iPad2 owners with a baseband (3G or CDMA) cannot currently use saved blobs to go back to 4.3.3 once the signing window is closed. This is unlike every other device, so don’t be confused! iPad2 owners with basebands should stay away from all updates to maintain the jailbreak!

Basically iOS 4.3.4 is only out to fix the recently founded Safari Exploit which allow deep permission to infected PDF to root the iOS device and allow to run CYdia on the Device. SO please stay away from the latest iOS 4.3.4

Redsn0wb3.gif

Here are the download links:

redsn0w 0.9.8b3
for Mac
redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for Windows

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum RulesNo External Links...Emails, Social Networks, Blogs. NO TALK ON PIRATING APPS

Last edited by a moderator:
redsn0w also has the ability to came custom firmwares now.. in beta stages though

hi,

I would like to have jailbreak unthetred for my iPhone 4 iOS 5 04.11.08. I hope IT possible ???😜

My jailbroken 4s 5.0.1 bricked up last night. Bad timing I know. I had no choice but to upgrade to 5.1 in order to reset it. Can I still downgrade? How do I know if a custom firmware has been saved on my pc? Is that automatic or something I would've had to go out of the way to do? Can I download a 5.0.1 firmware via a torrent or something and have that work?? Any clarification would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

My jailbroken 4s 5.0.1 bricked up last night. Bad timing I know. I had no choice but to upgrade to 5.1 in order to reset it. Can I still downgrade? How do I know if a custom firmware has been saved on my pc? Is that automatic or something I would've had to go out of the way to do? Can I download a 5.0.1 firmware via a torrent or something and have that work?? Any clarification would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

As of right now, there is no way to take an iPhone 4S back to iOS 5.0.1. Once Apple stopped signing the firmware (which was yesterday), that was it. Having the firmware does you no good - Apple is no longer signing that firmware. Sorry, but for now, you have to stay on iOS 5.1 and hope that a jail break gets released for iOS 5.1.

Marilyn