What's new

Red screen of death on my 6

SergiuszJasper

Reaction score
So my IPhone 6 lasted about a month till last night it just did not want to turn on at all no matter what button combination l used ..went to work and at lunch when I did retry I got the red screen then rainbow colors and black and nothing ...bloody odd so called Apple and I'm going in with this so any idea what happen and why ?
uploadfromtaptalk1423532160880.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1423532203893.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1423532252558.jpg

It looks like it might be a screen failure. Is the iPhone 6 recognized by iTunes on your computer?

If you haven't already done so, make a Genius Bar appointment at the closest Apple Store to have a diagnostic run on your phone. If this is a hardware problem it will be covered under the warranty. In that case, you should be offered a free repair or replacement with a new or refurbished device.

Please keep us updated.

Made the appointment iTunes dont recognize it can't do anything with it goes red then rainbow and black and won't start ...same happen to a friend of mine it was the screen plus hardware ...going to Apple store tomorrow will keep all posted.

Update
Got a replacement new not refurbished iPhone 6 specially after they so pics ...I'm happy and not doing the update that the phone wants gone wait till the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great that it was replaced, but it's a shame you had to go through it.

I'm surprised you had to get it diagnosed at the store. When I had issues with my iPhone 5 the person I spoke with was able to do a diagnosis over the phone. Shake it was a little past the one year warantee. It was the first time (after an iPhone 3G and 4) I didn't buy extra coverage. I'll never make that mistake again. Don't get me wrong, I'm an iPhone fan and I don't see that changing anytime soon, but I've had issues with every iPhone I've owned. Every model I had was replaced by Apple. The folk at the store were wonderful, but I wish it didn't have to come to that.

Anyway, I'm glad it was resolved for you!

Well so far this is the second iPhone I had replaced my 4 died after ios 7 updates and now this with 6 but because of what happen and that there was no way of getting the phone to turn on one could not diagnose the problem I know they offer it so had no choice but to go in . Since my 4 died I was on android till now I figured why not give it a try again and it craps out lol something that I have never seen with androids not to say they are better maybe just had better luck.
Anyhow it got replaced and it works fine I would say lot faster and smoother so far so good will see cos looking forward to seeing the Samsung s6 may have to get that too cos I like both platforms.
But for now I'm really liking this iPhone 6 specially the keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 6 [emoji12]

Just to add to this story iPhone 6 screen gone bad again this time flickering like crazy had the phone replaced again lol that would make number 3 now on my way I noticed that the phone I got had dent by earphones jack and screen looked like it was messed with defiantly a refurbished crap so I went back like wtf!
Got another phone this time new now will see if this one will last more than six days lmao
So I'm on number 4 iPhone 6 with in two weeks lol

Also noticed that my warranty got moved so now I got over one yr coverage:)

Lol me too cos Apple Store is over an hr drive each way haha