What's new

possible short-circuit malfunction screen iPhone 6

canapippo

Reaction score
Hi, on Monday I made the repair with my iphone screen success 6, but this morning when I went to use the phone screen would not turn on anymore. I tried to take it apart and reassemble it, even to apply again my glass damaged but no phone .the result is read by iTunes (it asks me to enter the unlock code) and when I try to call the phone rings free but not response, that vibrates and the screen is always black .... and once the battery detachment and reattachment, if I press the power button of the CPU of heats without the phone turns on.

What can I do? it is possible that there may be a short circuit? if there is a solution?

if I was not clear, please contact me

You may have damaged the backlight during your repairs. If you hold the screen up to a bright light can you see any image at all? Did you disconnect the battery before starting the screen repair? If not, you may have blown the backlight inverter.

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately, it is not the case. My is another problem, if there was a short circuit there is a solution?

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately, it is not the case. My is another problem, if there was a short circuit there is a solution?
Exactly what leads you to believe that your screen problem could not be a blown backlight inverter? Do you know more about your problem than you've told us so far?

Probably the problem is that I have installed the new screen when the battery was attached. (Phone on). There is no apparent damage that's why I think it is a short circuit. How i can understand if i may have blown the backlight inverter? Is it not a screen problem

Probably the problem is that I have installed the new screen when the battery was attached. (Phone on). There is no apparent damage that's why I think it is a short circuit. How i can understand if i may have blown the backlight inverter? Is it not a screen problem
The backlight inverter powers the screen backlight. If it's not working the screen appears black, except under strong light when a faint image can be discerned.

then you might need to know how to use a multi-tester :) check if inverter still works
The backlight inverter may have been blown by attaching the screen with the battery connected. If testing reveals it was, the screen needs replacing.