What's new

Recommendation for a non-obtrusive and non-bulky case compatible with Verizon iPhone?

cgwaters

Reaction score
I purchased an iPhone 4S on VZW.com yesterday. Due to arrive on Friday. This will be my family's first iPhone. Any recommendations for a non-obtrusive and non-bulky case? It appears that iPhone 4 cases will work with the 4S. I'm finding a lot of cases that say that only work with the AT&T phone. Why wouldn't the cases work with the Verizon phone?

cgwaters said:
I purchased an iPhone 4S on VZW.com yesterday. Due to arrive on Friday. This will be my family's first iPhone. Any recommendations for a non-obtrusive and non-bulky case? It appears that iPhone 4 cases will work with the 4S. I'm finding a lot of cases that say that only work with the AT&T phone. Why wouldn't the cases work with the Verizon phone?

The reason why the AT&T cases don't fit the Verizon phone is because of the volume keys and silent switch are slightly different.
As for cases it really depends on your taste. I have multiple cases.

The reason why the AT&T cases don't fit the Verizon phone is because of the volume keys and silent switch are slightly different.
As for cases it really depends on your taste. I have multiple cases.
Thanks for the explanation. What cases do you have? Are there any that you'd recommend to new users?

That should only be for certain cases(typically ones that have the mute toggle slot cut out to the exact dimensions of the switch), I am using an Incipio silicon case on my Verizon iPhone, same exact one I used on my AT&T iPhone and it fits perfectly. The mute toggle is a little lower, but I can still switch it on or off without any issues.

cgwaters said:
Thanks for the explanation. What cases do you have? Are there any that you'd recommend to new users?

I currently have a apple bumper, a speck pixel hd case, ifrogz slim case and a otterbox defender case. I also agree with jmills though. some cases have a cutout that doesn't over the side buttons.

I've had otter box defender to bulky rubber wears out.

Lifeproof. Hated the audio quality. And sound.

Otter box olive drab reflex not bad...

My favorite is from Walmart incipio black case with protector

I've had otter box defender to bulky rubber wears out.

Lifeproof. Hated the audio quality. And sound.

Otter box olive drab reflex not bad...

My favorite is from Walmart incipio black case with protector
Thanks for the comments!

I have some friends with the Otterbox Defender. I agree that it seems too bulky.

Do you have a SKU or URL for the Incipio? Walmart's web site lists an "NGP Matte", a "Silicrylic", an "Edge", and a "Feather". Looks like they are available on Amazon.com, too.

It sounds like you recommend a screen protector?

I neglected to mention that this will be for a white iPhone 4S.

Last edited:
I work at a power plant so I drop my phone in coal..
It's the incipio silic or some thing like that it's two part and very slim and tight fitting non slip but doesn't grab your pockets.

And the power button works flawlessly.

2 part case to and comes with screen protector actually best screen cover yet ;) buy it

Check out the Magpul cases. They are slim and durable and I think are very good looking cases. They can be found various places on the net for $10-$15.

Sent from my iPhone 4 direct to you