What's new

verizon iphone case help

mach1man

Reaction score
I just got the iphone through a trade, it came with what I think is a knock off vapor case. It feels like metal. So when I got the phone I notice I kept going in to 1x or 2g whatever you wanna call it. So I went to verizon and they told me that the case could be the issue bc it had a slot for the sim card which makes it an at&t case. So I bought a verizon case and its been fine. So my question is does at&t cases not work for verizon iphones?

mach1man said:
I just got the iphone through a trade, it came with what I think is a knock off vapor case. It feels like metal. So when I got the phone I notice I kept going in to 1x or 2g whatever you wanna call it. So I went to verizon and they told me that the case could be the issue bc it had a slot for the sim card which makes it an at&t case. So I bought a verizon case and its been fine. So my question is does at&t cases not work for verizon iphones?

Not all AT&T cases are compatible. You have to find cases that are universal.

ok so like one off of amazon should work. I want a yellow one or the livestrong case.

there is a difference between the phones and is on the volume buttons, the are position a little different and the sim card of course. However I heard that some of those metal case cause issues like yours was.

When I look for a case I make that say for Verizon iPhone.

That one will work because in the description say

Case-Mate Custom iPhone 4 Tough LIVESTRONG Cases, Yellow LIVESTRONG
"LIVESTRONG is a registered trademark of the Lance Armstrong Foundation Compatible with AT&T, Verizon and International iPhone 4"

thanks. I was looking at it but $40 for a case is crazy. I was thinking of getting a yellow one and putting black letters on it. But I guess its more about donating though.

Yeah, $40 is pretty normal... lol

However you will be support a great cause!

mach1man said:
thanks. I was looking at it but $40 for a case is crazy. I was thinking of getting a yellow one and putting black letters on it. But I guess its more about donating though.

You think that is a lot try 50 and above.

wow 50 and above. Im coming from android phones and those case are cheap lol.

Yea I do buy a lot of liveStrong things to help donate. Since I have had a lot of family members pass bc of cancer. So I think Im going to order the white one from case-mate and the yellow one from amazon a store on there has it for 19.99 with free shipping.

Yes I am also in the market for an iPhone 4 cover. I bought an incipio case from Verizon and it fell about in about two months *don't buy it*. All I have left of it is the inner rubber casing. The hard plastic case fell apart. Any recommendations??

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net

tlbaker said:
Yes I am also in the market for an iPhone 4 cover. I bought an incipio case from Verizon and it fell about in about two months *don't buy it*. All I have left of it is the inner rubber casing. The hard plastic case fell apart. Any recommendations??

I use the otterbox defender for mine. If you are looking for something bullet proof
This the one. Clunky but very strong and well made. A perfect fit
Ive beat it up and it never complins. Comes with a good belt clip too

hudoff123 said:
I use the otterbox defender for mine. If you are looking for something bullet proof
This the one. Clunky but very strong and well made. A perfect fit
Ive beat it up and it never complins. Comes with a good belt clip too

I've seen some of the otter box designs. I will have to check them out again; however, I don't like the belt clip for me as I keep mine in my purse most of the time.

check out Graft Concepts Leverage case...it's gonna be sweet. mine is getting here Saturday hopefully

Last edited: