What's new

Received an EXTRA iPhone 5...

Lichlad

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I pre ordered my iPhone 5, and yesterday received not 1, but 2 !

One has someone elses name on it, but this address.....

If i'm not contacted, what should I do? I guess the phone can be traced, so there's no point selling it???

Any ideas?

Hi everyone.

I pre ordered my iPhone 5, and yesterday received not 1, but 2 !

One has someone elses name on it, but this address.....

If i'm not contacted, what should I do? I guess the phone can be traced, so there's no point selling it???

Any ideas?
You should send it back. Eventually someone is going to figure out the error and possibly charge you full price for the extra phone. This might be an unwanted surprise for you a year from now when someone in their accounting department realizes the error. Even though you didn't sign for it, I'm sure the devlivery company can figure out where the package was delivered.

I know I'm going to get trashed for it.

But I have heard if stories like this and and if it go to your house and no one sign for it and was just left at your door step I have heard of stories where when they try to trace package down people at said address say they never got and nothing could be done about.
I work at UPS just saying from what I have heard.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

Lichlad said:
I guess the phone can be traced, so there's no point selling it???
I can't believe your seriously thinking of keeping it!

That's stealing!

And if you say you never received it that's lying!

What world are we living in?

Last edited:
Send it back. Don't be a thief. I know it sure would be tempting to keep a free iPhone 5. But that would be bad karma to keep it if its not yours.

Yea just send it back! Iphoneians!!! That's a fellow family member👍

if you had paid your hard earned money out for a new phone and was so excited and it never arrived you would be gutted,put yourself in their place......SEND IT BACK........edit...you must have had to sign for it!

Last edited:
Your not from Albuquerque are you? :) I never received my iPhone 5 :( UPS either lost it , Delivered it to the wrong house , or one of the employees has a new iPhone 5.

johnwolves saw the post and told me over at everythingicafe.com just wanted to come check it out :) Still no iPhone 5 | Page 4 | iPhone and iPad Forums at everythingiCafe

Sorry if posting the thread from another forum is agaisnt the rules , But were all iPhone family here right :)
if anyone is interested in reading my thread

Last edited:
mine is being delivered tomorrow......i hope!!!

according to UPS they will call me as soon as they find out something . and promised a call by friday night i have still yet to hear from them. I called Apple yesterday and recieved any email this morning that my new phone would ship asap but says nothing about how it will ship or where it will ship from or how long to get it

according to UPS they will call me as soon as they find out something . and promised a call by friday night i have still yet to hear from them. I called Apple yesterday and recieved any email this morning that my new phone would ship asap but says nothing about how it will ship or where it will ship from or how long to get it
well thats good to hear,hopefully it wont be long before they get a replacement to you,its good to hear that Apple are going to send you another without waiting for a long drawn out claims process.