What's new

Have you received your iPhone 5 (UK customers) ?

Reef0

Reaction score
Hi, I am posting to find out if anyone had pre-ordered an iPhone 5 around 21 September. I ordered mine on 22 September from the Three shop in Birmingham on a monthly plan. They said it would arrive by 2 October for me to pick up :) But I read somewhere online that the iPhone 5 second shipment would be pushed back up to 3-4 weeks, so anyone buying now would only receive their phone on 21 October earliest :eek:. Not sure if it would only affect customers buying from Apple or those buying from their respective networks.

Just wondering if you ladies and gents might have done something similar and have already received your iPhone 5 or been told a different date for it to arrive - specifically Three customers. Please do share, I'm getting really anxious here.
:(

Cheers
:D

Last edited:
Have you tried going into the store? In London they seem to have lots available still. I received mine on the day of release via pre order.

No I haven't.. but thanks for the top tip. Might call em up tomorrow to check! :cool:

Have you tried going into the store? In London they seem to have lots available still. I received mine on the day of release via pre order.

Hi, I am posting to find out if anyone had pre-ordered an iPhone 5 around 21 September. I ordered mine on 22 September from the Three shop in Birmingham on a monthly plan. They said it would arrive by 2 October for me to pick up :) But I read somewhere online that the iPhone 5 second shipment would be pushed back up to 3-4 weeks, so anyone buying now would only receive their phone on 21 October earliest :eek:. Not sure if it would only affect customers buying from Apple or those buying from their respective networks.

Just wondering if you ladies and gents might have done something similar and have already received your iPhone 5 or been told a different date for it to arrive - specifically Three customers. Please do share, I'm getting really anxious here.
:(

Cheers
:D

well the phone went on sale from the 21st but from the 14th when pre-orders where live the dates from the apple store for delivery where pushed back to 3-4 weeks after the first day or so but I am not sure about three uk how many phones they would still have in stock so it could be earlier then that and also some pre orders stated some time in October and where delivered in September so 2nd of October sounds right, if they said that then I would believe it.

I got my 5 and its nice that siri finally works properly in the uk and how quick three uk where to give me a nano sim and activate it.. its Just a few days now so I hope you do get it and tomorrow they should really send you a tracking number or you could ring and find out if it has been shipped.

well the phone went on sale from the 21st but from the 14th when pre-orders where live the dates from the apple store for delivery where pushed back to 3-4 weeks after the first day or so but I am not sure about three uk how many phones they would still have in stock so it could be earlier then that and also some pre orders stated some time in October and where delivered in September so 2nd of October sounds right, if they said that then I would believe it.

I got my 5 and its nice that siri finally works properly in the uk and how quick three uk where to give me a nano sim and activate it.. its Just a few days now so I hope you do get it and tomorrow they should really send you a tracking number or you could ring and find out if it has been shipped.
yes i'll second that about 3,i couldn't fault them,nano sim arrived the following day and was activated in 2.5hrs,i hear some other network providers haven't been so efficient.

That's a relief :) Good on you mate! Cheers

yes i'll second that about 3,i couldn't fault them,nano sim arrived the following day and was activated in 2.5hrs,i hear some other network providers haven't been so efficient.

That's really good to know.. cheers!

What's annoying is trying to call the store to ask about it has been impossible. They just don't pick up do they.

Just to update everyone who are in the same situation, Three (Birmingham) has not called me today like they said they would. i.e. "We will contact you before 2 October" That didn't happen. I don't care how busy they are, they shouldn't forget what they promised their customers. So I really don't know when I am going to get my bloody phone now. They've lost my trust.

Just to update everyone who are in the same situation, Three (Birmingham) has not called me today like they said they would. i.e. "We will contact you before 2 October" That didn't happen. I don't care how busy they are, they shouldn't forget what they promised their customers. So I really don't know when I am going to get my bloody phone now. They've lost my trust.

I know you shouldn't have to but call them or more into a store if you can, don't wait for them to ring up I because hey won't. But if possible I would go in as their Indian call centres I found to be useless.

I know you shouldn't have to but call them or more into a store if you can, don't wait for them to ring up I because hey won't. But if possible I would go in as their Indian call centres I found to be useless.

Yeah I was thinking I might just have to do that. Although the point of me starting this thread was so that someone who did go to the store to pick up their iphone 5 could verify that it has indeed arrived.. otherwise I would be going on the train to town for nothing :( Anyone got any info??

One way would be to tweet them, they always reply quickly and are helpful, @ThreeUKSupport @ThreeUK

One way would be to tweet them, they always reply quickly and are helpful, @ThreeUKSupport @ThreeUK

I reckon that they would only be the Marketing side of Three and the one I'm having trouble reaching is the store in Birmingham. They might just tell me to contact the store directly - like the Sales hotline did. "I'm sorry we are Sales, we can't tell you when your iphone will arrive. You'll have to check with the Store." Well trying to reach the store is almost impossible, mate. If he paid any attention he would've heard me telling him I've been trying like hell to get through to the store's telephone.

Just for anyone who is interested: Out of all the dozen calls I've made, they finally answered me once today. The guy told me they were expecting the delivery to their store today and I should wait for their call to pick it up. Yet, by the end of the day I still haven't got the call to pick up my phone. They're now one day late and counting. I wish I could turn back time and get it from t-mobile instead. Can't do that now, I'll only receive the phone end of the month.

Anyway I'll give twitter a try. Cheers.

Apple uk store are quoting 3-4 weeks for delivery but thats estimated. It could be delivered earlier too !

Ive visited the network shops near me and nearly everyone has some model of the iphone 5 in stock BUT these are being held onto for contract customer and people upgrading.

Pay as you go and sim free models are like rocking horse Doo-dah !

Reef0 said:
I reckon that they would only be the Marketing side of Three and the one I'm having trouble reaching is the store in Birmingham. They might just tell me to contact the store directly - like the Sales hotline did. "I'm sorry we are Sales, we can't tell you when your iphone will arrive. You'll have to check with the Store." Well trying to reach the store is almost impossible, mate. If he paid any attention he would've heard me telling him I've been trying like hell to get through to the store's telephone.

Just for anyone who is interested: Out of all the dozen calls I've made, they finally answered me once today. The guy told me they were expecting the delivery to their store today and I should wait for their call to pick it up. Yet, by the end of the day I still haven't got the call to pick up my phone. They're now one day late and counting. I wish I could turn back time and get it from t-mobile instead. Can't do that now, I'll only receive the phone end of the month.

Anyway I'll give twitter a try. Cheers.

You can always cancel your order. There is some 14 day clause of which you can always cancel any order. T mobile has the best deals right now. Good luck xxx