What's new

Reached the 75,000 SMS Limit, Now I can't recieve Texts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy215

Reaction score
I have an 3GS running 4.3.3 and I have about 4 years of text messages on it. I had no idea that there was limit, but I have somehow reached it. I received a message warning me to delete some to receive new ones. I did, and an hour later I am still not getting any messages. Mine do go out however. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mandy215 said:
I have an 3GS running 4.3.3 and I have about 4 years of text messages on it. I had no idea that there was limit, but I have somehow reached it. I received a message warning me to delete some to receive new ones. I did, and an hour later I am still not getting any messages. Mine do go out however. Has anyone else experienced this?

Never heard of this. I'm amazed that you even reached 75k. What's the purpose of keeping such a high backlog, if you don't mind me asking

There's no purpose, I just don't delete them. I assumed that there was no limit.

Called Tech support, had to reset my settings... Messages came flooding back in. They did not know of any text message limit.

Mandy215 said:
Called Tech support, had to reset my settings... Messages came flooding back in. They did not know of any text message limit.

That was the best way to fix that issue. If you think about it. You have just gone in history as the first person to reach the messaging limit. You should be proud of yourself. Lol 

I am speechless. I mean it makes sense that over 4 years, but the fact that you had 75k SMS messages on your phone, I'm surprised it didn't explode.... >.>

That is a lot of txts but I guess not only is it a popular form of communication but also with some telco's you can have unlimited text in your cap/plan.

That's only about 11mb of texts. You would think the limit would be a lot higher than that. Although I can't see many people reaching that limit...

Dude u would have backed up the data before contacting customer support. So that if u want those messages in future u can retreive from the backup !

iCrank said:
That was the best way to fix that issue. If you think about it. You have just gone in history as the first person to reach the messaging limit. You should be proud of yourself. Lol 

Popular person is all I can say lol

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago =[ I guess I didn't realize that there was a limit. I was just going through deleting my messages, I'm going to re-set settings too.

Apple should give you a new phone for reaching that limit! 75k is amazing! Haha. 

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

This thread ran its course. Thread closed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.