What's new

Re the Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they read and listen to the news, but don’t believe what they’re hearing and seeing. There are lots of conspiracy theories floating around, some of them also addressing Covid-19, it’s treatments and measures. There might be many people who think it’s just like the flu.

Afaik, a news channel in the USA is or was underplaying the threat.

I just read that a tiger at the Bronx zoo has contracted the virus. This is the first time a non-domesticated animal has contracted the virus from a human. This situation has been a nightmare. How many other innocent animals might contract the virus and die? :(

Tiger tests positive for coronavirus at Bronx Zoo, first known case in the world

Meanwhilst, every patient at the Brooklyn ICU is on a ventilator, and reports state that the medical staff is "falling fast." :(

‘Code Blue’: A Brooklyn I.C.U. Fights for Each Life in a Coronavirus Surge

>> tiger at the Bronx ...
I understood that a cat can hold the virus in its fur.

>> Anyone here having problems staying occupied
None whatsoever here: we are fortunate enough to have a garden, plus books, various jobs I have put off (and am still trying to put off), tv but almost only for the news, walks nearby....

Yes, NSquirrel, same here. I have tons of housework to do including cleaning out the garage. I literally have well over 1K books in my library. I have plenty of CDs, and of course there is telly. Now is a good time to catch up on old-fashioned letter writing. I have been screening flower arranging videos on YouTube. Anyone who likes to knit, crochet, paint, do watercolours, etc., or who wants to learn how to do these things can watch instructional videos, too. There is plenty to do.

Re fur, I will not let anyone pet my Lab now. I haver never liked them to do it before this happened anyway. Now, I have an even better reason for them not to do it.

Yes, it was good to hear her last night.

>>including cleaning out the garage.

Garage and my ‘workshop’ come into ‘various jobs I have put off (and am still trying to put off)‘ category

:D I have been threatening to clean out the garage for the last several years. Occasionally I make a dent in it, but then it soon fills up again. :rolleyes:

Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before this pandemic hit close to home. A dear old friend contacted me late this afternoon. Her brother has been in a nursing home for some time now. The home moved him to ER this afternoon. They believe he has the virus. He has a high fever, and he is having trouble breathing. She is not allowed to visit him of course. He probably is not going to live through this. He has too many other health issues. I feel awful for them both, and she of course feels guilty that she is not by his side in his last hours. :(

Some places allow visits for compassionate reasons. Has she tried to see if they can set up a video call with her brother?

I do not know, scifan57. I have asked. Waiting to find out. He may not be physically up to it. :(

She lost a sister just a couple of months ago, too. I do not think she had fully recovered from that loss, and now she is about to lose her brother. :(

Last edited:
Very difficult time both for family and friends :-(

D0786991-85FF-4764-9FFF-B00869E84BB5.jpeg

I went out early this morning in search of supplies. I went to three markets. I did manage to find a 4 pack of loo rolls, but that was it. I saw a man stocking shelves in one of the aisles at one market, we began to chat a little. I told him how difficult it has been for me to find any supplies. He said he is someone "in the know" and that the problem is with the supply chain. I said I hoped that by the end of April, stocks would return to normal. He said it would take a year for companies to catch up, so we can all expect this to continue for at least 12 more months. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.