What's new

Re the Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you disinfecting your mobiles, laptops, etc.?

I personally think we can all drive ourselves mad with this....
I think the risk of catching the virus from packaging is very low, just wash your hands often as has been advised.

I am doing my best to be cautious. I do use my mobile whilst I am out to the shops, though, and I do not know how to sanitise it without harming it. I keep looking at it on my desk and wondering whether it had virus all over it or not! o_O:rolleyes:

I am doing my best to be cautious. I do use my mobile whilst I am out to the shops, though, and I do not know how to sanitise it without harming it. I keep looking at it on my desk and wondering whether it had virus all over it or not! o_O:rolleyes:
Apple says you can use disinfecting wipes on an iPhone.

Really? Lysol wipes are safe on these expensive mobiles??

Thank you, scifan57. It says not to use disinfectants or cleaning products on some phones, e.g. the 8 and 8 Plus. Oh, well. I just wash my hands A LOT.

As well as beer, the name Corona appears in all sorts of places. As children, rather a lot of years ago, Corona was the name of a popular range of fizzy drinks.

Last year we had an excellent week in Florence and the hotel we stayed in was the Corona d’Italia. I don’t suppose they have many bookings at present - Italy being on lockdown, but I hope that their business picks up once the all-clear is given.

The closest market to my home opened at 8 a.m. I was there by 8:10. The car park was full, and I saw several other vehicles driving in at the same time as myself. There was already a ton of people inside the market as I walked up to the building. Outside, there was a long queue of people spaced apart waiting to get inside. There were 2 male employees regulating the queue's movement. No one was allowed in until the person before him had entered, secured a trolley, and continued on into the main part of the market. I am not sure how helpful that was to social distancing because once I was inside, people were milling about in the same way they normally do. I saw no benefit in staggering their entry into the building if once inside they were all pretty close to one another as they maneuvered their trollies about. I wanted Lysol spray. I could not find any, so either people who entered before me bought what may have been on the shelf, or the market had nothing to stock overnight.

I saw older people there this morning wearing gloves and masks. Earlier in the week, as I was leaving one shop, I saw a quite elderly man entering. He was tall, very slim, and looked like he had to be 93-94 years old if he was a day. He is probably the oldest person I have seen out shopping. I was stunned to see him. I felt very sorry that he had to go out for supplies during this pandemic. He must not have anyone to help him. I have heard there is a shopping and delivery service available for seniors. I sent in an inquiry about it a few days ago, but they have not contacted me so far.

This situation was already old as soon as it started. If the virus does not get us, the endless, futile searches for essentials over the next 18 months will do!

Just a thought: We tried a bit of thinking as to when to go shopping. Being retired, we have considerably more flexibility than most - except there are now many at home as much as us. Hence, I suggested that weekends were not good times to go shopping; neither Mondays or Friday or times when mothers may have to take children with them. Most of our supermarkets have special times in the morning for health workers and also those over 70 or with particular needs; so those times have to be avoided as well as straight afterwards when there may be queues. One of our local supermarkets used to be open 24hrs a day, but have since stopped, hence my initial idea of 2-3am had to be scrapped. There are more variables to consider where we live, but I wont go into those except, if you have any idea, as to when shelves are restocked; some restock overnight. Seems a bit of over-kill, but helps us to chose a possibly suitable time.

Finding essentials at the shops has turned into hunting like a big game hunter now! :D I am laughing as I type this, but it is true!

Status
Not open for further replies.