What's new

camera roll showing less photos than settings

mmv

Reaction score
Hello- I'm new to this forum and to using my Iphone 5. I have my Iphone for several months. I don't think I take advantage of the many features of my phone..but, will explore this forum. I noticed that under camera roll I have 774 photos and under settings it shows 1,678 photos. I was going to upgrade to OS 7, but have been reading about people having too many issues, I will hold off on the upgrade for now. Please advise.

Thank you!

Hello- I'm new to this forum and to using my Iphone 5. I have my Iphone for several months. I don't think I take advantage of the many features of my phone..but, will explore this forum. I noticed that under camera roll I have 774 photos and under settings it shows 1,678 photos. I was going to upgrade to OS 7, but have been reading about people having too many issues, I will hold off on the upgrade for now. Please advise.

Thank you!

If you have photo stream enabled you will have a seperate "camera roll" and therefor more pics. In the photos app at the bottom you should see "albums" and "photo stream". You can then browse each "folder" and chose what to delete. NOTE: with photo stream enabled you will most likely have duplicates of most (if-not-all) of the pics you take if you use photo stream on multiple devices you can delete the dups from your camera roll. If you don't use photo stream disable it as it will save you a tone of space on your phone. Hope this helps.

Hello Arrowsulu- You are right!! Thanks so much!