What's new

Rattle

Welcome to iPF.net!!! I'm certain the rattling issue has been touched on... please search.

i_apple_chris said:
When i shake my iphone 4s it has a rattle any ideas

It's the ball that the orientation sensor uses to know of youre in portrait or landscape position.

It's the ball that the orientation sensor uses to know of youre in portrait or landscape position.

I think that is incorrect the iphone doesnt use that kind of orientation sensor. I know if you tap the back by the camera theres a rattle sound most not all iphones do this but not when you shake it. You might want to bring it into an apple store and let them check it out.

eddieg said:
I think that is incorrect the iphone doesnt use that kind of orientation sensor. I know if you tap the back by the camera theres a rattle sound most not all iphones do this but not when you shake it. You might want to bring it into an apple store and let them check it out.

Oh well that's my bad. It was the first logical thing I could think of.

eddieg said:

Well it's some sort of something....

It's perfectly normal -- the rattle is the autofocus mechanism of the camera.

It's perfectly normal -- the rattle is the autofocus mechanism of the camera.

I have same spoke to apple care and they claim it isn't normal I am waiting until I have spare time to exchange mine

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

elitegamer767 said:
I have same spoke to apple care and they claim it isn't normal I am waiting until I have spare time to exchange mine

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, ever 4 and 4s that I've been allowed to shake does it. Even phone straight out of the box. Good luck finding one that doesn't rattle.

I just got mine this week and it does not rattle. Sorry to hear yours does.