What's new

Something loose?

noddy

Reaction score
Just upgraded from a 3GS to a 4S. Love the phone but I've noticed when I tap a message, something is rattling inside. I thought it was the top button at first, but holding it still makes no difference.
Could it be the internal camera lens or something?

Take it straight to apple. If they think something is loose they will exchange it there and then...

I will not even try nothing but going back to Apple, they will do it right for you. Take it back ASAP

Well, I've done a bit of research into this, and it appears it's normal. I checked my 3GS and my wife's, and both do it. The ones in my local Apple Store do it, and there are several long threads running in the Apple Support Communities forum debating the same thing.
It appears to be the camera lens, which allegedly is a floating part inside the phone.

I never noticed it on my old 3GS. Will need to take a closer look at the wife's tonight...

Ya i had that same problem with my 4s , took it apart cuz it was bugging the hell outta me and found that its the mount for the earphone speaker. I have 6 friends who have the 4s and they have the same issue.

Sorry guys and ladies but I don't mean to be the devil advocate but I don't and haven't heard no sounds like that coming from my 4s. I've had mines for about 3 weeks now. That doesn't sound right to me.

I've never heard such a noise on my iPhone 4S. Perhaps, some phones have that issue and some don't? Anyway i think that i'm at the safer side for now.

Agreed had my 4s for a month and many many other iPhones of every generation and HAVE NEVER heard something loose. Go to apple ASAP

DRIGGITY420 said:
Agreed had my 4s for a month and many many other iPhones of every generation and HAVE NEVER heard something loose. Go to apple ASAP

My 3GS had the camera loose and I've had two 4's and they both had the cameras loose on them like they seriously can't fix a simple screw that gets loose or a buffer really? It's a simple fix but yet it isn't done yet?

Mines doing it too glad to know I'm not the only one..! But agreed it's def something that should b fixed :/