What's new

Radio shack let me down!

iWags

Reaction score
OK, I had high hopes!
New iPhone4 tomorrow, heading to Ireland next week...excited about the camera and video for my trip...I can go on and on!

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!? RADIO SHACK + iPhone4! I thought maybe, just maybe things would work out. From my previous posts on Radio Shack I was a fan. I was first on their list and everything with the Pre-Order Process went fine. I should have listened to a few of you on this forum saying "Why would you choose Radio Shack"

Well, the store calls me today to tell me I am NOT getting my iPhone4 tomorrow or anytime soon. They said I could get it when "Readily Available"...well, that could be months (considering it is still hard to get the iPad anywhere).

VERY VERY Disappointed to say the least. Not sure what to do now...wait for Radio S**ks (opps, I mean Shack) to get it in, order at Apple.com and get it in mid to late July or whenever they are saying it will ship. I am on a business trip so camping out tonight at Apple Store aint happening.

Oh well, no iPhone4 for me! And to see folks are already receiving them is tearing me apart! DANG! WHY?!?! I was stupid...should have just gone to Apple.com like I did with the 3GS and iPad!

Does anyone know how I can find the CEO's of Radio Shacks Email??? A "not so nice" email must be written!!! I am officially boycotting that stupid store...anyone care to join me?!?

Oh, am I mad!

Sorry for venting! Congrats to everyone who has recieved their iPhone4 or will be receiving tomorrow! I look forward to hearing about it! Just wish I could be a part of it!

That sucks. My Best Buy let me down too. I originally got a call yesterday from a Mobile employee and they said they weren't doing appointments and to show up early because it is first come first serve. I call today to see how many they got to see if I needed to go really early and he says they are doing appointments. So I told him about yesterday. And he said it looks like I have about 20 people in front of me, and "Sorry for the miscommunication." So I'm pissed too.

Just order apple. You won't be dissapointed. I would be willing to bet money you would get it before the 14th.... Att...bestbuy...radioshack.. All take another step to get the product to you. Just takes longer... Trust me I made the same mistake last year :/

What did I say before =] Sorry that happened to you bro.

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW! You were totally right Phil! I just thought....mayyybbeeee....they would come through...being the first on their list at the store and the associate telling me they had processed the order.

At first, I thought about pre-ordering it through radioshack too but something didn't feel right since they weren't really clear on the quantities and the dates (so did Bestbuy) so I just went with AT&T. Glad I made that choice.

I'm really sorry to hear about your pre-order. I've been in a similar situation and I know what it feels like.

oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that iWags. Although, I reserved a phone with Apple.. and the order never went through supposedly. So it could have happened through anyone... (not trying to defend Radio Shack).

Have you checked with some of the other retail stores around you? Walmart, Best Buy?

I checked with an AT&T store today, and they confirmed the article we posted a few days ago about not offering any phones to walk-in customers tomorrow.

The AT&T store in my mall isn't getting any iPhones the 24th. He said they will be receiving them for the 29th launch.

sorry to hear it, i just had the delivery guy at the door, and he dident have any iphones for me :( i saw his coat from the door i though yay my iphone.. and it was stinking delivery from ebay for some one

This is why I always use apple store. I always get a receipt of what I order. Plus continuos updates of what my order is doing. I learned my lesson the hard way a few years ago with a similar problem. I received my iPhone 4 on the 23rd of June.

Oh my god, you too!?

Radioshack promised me that there would be a couple of iphone 4 units at the june 24th launch. I had an interesting morning actually. Needless to say, Apple ran out of iphones and Radioshack made me waste 7 hours of my life.

Radioshack: "Huh? iphone? I didnt even know it was coming out today".
ME: *points to the little kickback plan advertisement right by the cashier*
Radioshack: "Oh.."

well... remaining optimistic (at least for the moment)... have learned that the Radio Shack near me is the only one in the district that actually carries floor stock of the phone and I'm seventh in line on the manager's list for a pick-up call as phones arrive. Evidently phones are arriving daily...not in huge numbers, unfortunately, but they're filling the call list and in so doing, the store will continue to receive units. Hoping for a call this week... my 3G is ready for their buy-back at $100.

Hey man, how about AT&T? Give that a try! I gave up hope on Radio Shack. I'm on about three request lists for Radio Shack and all three of those stores carry the iPhones. Funny thing though, My mother called them to ask if they carried any iPhones and they said no. I call right after and say that I'm on a list and they said they should be getting a number of units.

I HAD PRE-ORDERED MY IPHONE FROM APPLE AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IT BY JULY 2ND BUT THAtS WHEN MY BF(STORE MANAGER) FROM RADIO SHACK INFORMED ME HE HAD GOTTEN 3 IPHONES AND GUESS WHAT? I GOT IT THE 24TH.. EVER SINCE THEN I LOVE RADIO SHACK.. LOL I HONESTLY THINK WHO EVER YOU SPOKE WITH WAS FULL OF CRAP.. EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE.. WELL IM A HAPPY CAMPER.. I LOVE MY IPHONE 4