What's new

Question about icloud!!

taylor4338

Reaction score
My photos are now beginning to take up to much space on my iPhone 4. If I store them on iCloud or somehow save my photos on iTunes would I b able to delete them off my device???

Sent from my iPhone 4!

iCloud doesn't store them like that. Photostream is aptly named because it is a stream not a ocean. IE it only stores the last 1000 photos or last 30 days of photos and it doesn't store videos at all. So you have to use iTunes to accomplish your goal.

chazzw said:
Or use Dropbox

Is drop box an app or something I download on my computer?

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Both and that is what makes Dropbox so useful.

Is drop box an app or something I download on my computer?

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Dropbox is a cloud drive, just like the Amazon Cloud Drive, Window's SkyDrive, and even iCloud if you will. Online storage, 24/7 access. You can download DropBox on your computer AND your mobile devices to keep them linked. Or you can just go to www.Dropbox.com and just use upload/download directly from the site

Dropbox will keep all your pics until your quota is full, not sure on the pricing but I think you get 2gb free these days

Dropbox will keep all your pics until your quota is full, not sure on the pricing but I think you get 2gb free these days

Inviting new friends will expand your storage by 500mb each, which isn't bad at all.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Inviting new friends will expand your storage by 500mb each, which isn't bad at all.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh yeah I forgot about that.. I have 50gb thanks to Samsung so my total is 56gb of storage, for free.

Samsung did a "preinstalled" promo with DropBox on the Galaxy's launch.

So what are we, chopped liver? Why not give the iPhone 5 users 50 gb of free space?

I can't get anymore free space. I've tried to get people in forums to pm me so I could invite them, but that doesn't work. Everyone I know already has dropbox. And I don't use facebook Did do the twitter thing.

I paid Google to get 50 gb on Google Drive, it was like $5.00 but it's super slow.

Apple refuses to allow bloatware to be installed. Hence no tie-ins like you see with Android.

Samsung did a "preinstalled" promo with DropBox on the Galaxy's launch.

What he said.. I had my Galaxy for about 3 months and had to get rid of
It. But the 50gb for two years is free.

50gb free for two years isn't a bad deal at all, and I think it's cheaper than iCloud as well but don't quote me on it

Google Drive subscription free from work *victory pose*. TBH, it might be a bit selfish of me, but if Apple were to expand the base storage to say 10, I'll probably move everything out of my Skydrive and Amazon cloud Drive and fully put my attention on iCloud.

Last edited: