What's new

Pictures gone from icloud after deleting from iphone 4s

joerivlasselaer

Reaction score
Hai,
installed Icloud on laptop and iphone.
meaning was that all the pictures i take with iphone are stored in icloud. This function is ok and works fine, but when i delete pictures from my iphone, they are removed from Icloud too?
I tought icloud was an external space to store all of my pictures to save up memory on my iphone...
Is it? then how can i adjust the settings that all pictures ever taken with the camera from iphone stay in the cloud wheter i delete them from iphone or not?
heeelp

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

iCloud is not a storage space for photos if you just use PhotoStream. As soon as you delete them on your iPhone, they'll disappear from iCloud as well.

To store them, you'll have to use online storage such as OneDrive, Flickr, Box, Dropbox... Or you sync them to your computer via iCloud and save them to the computer from there.

OK thnks!
wich (free) service is the best? and how do i arrange sync with that application so that my pictures are preserved from deleting?

Dropbox, OneDrive and Box allow automatically downloading the images from the iPhone. So does Flickr, and you're able there to keep them private. The difference between Flickr and the other online storages is 1 TB of free storage for Flickr, and you'll need a Yahoo account.

Afaik, the apps are free, but some allow just a few GB of free storage. To get more, you'd have to purchase it.

All of them are able to sync between operating systems and devices. So if you want to load them to acomputer from there, you can do it without further complications.

If you have a Gmail account and use Picasa, you can use an app called Web Albums HD to upload and store them.

You'll have to for decide yourself which one you like best.

Last edited:
I've been looking around for storage myself as my Dropbox is getting full.
I came across one called Mega, It gives you a whopping 50GB of free space.

Has anyone tried this?