What's new

Q's about 4S 5.0.1 untether

cackspurt

Reaction score
Once the 5.0.1 4S jailbreak came out I kinda stepped away from the scene for a while to enjoy it. I've noticed a few bugs and was wondering if theres been any discussion about them over the past month. Keep in mind I jailbroke on a Mac with the first version of Absinthe that came out.

1. The white icons: I know it's known around the jailbreak community about some icons going blank white, I was wondering if someone could tell me what causes this, and is there a fix or method (Such as re-jailbreaking or re-running the newest Absinthe) that can fix this? I usually just respring, but that's obviously just a temp fix until an icon goes blank again.

2. Some apps stay grey'd in the background. Example: I'm in iFile, click the home button and goto springboard and open Facebook. Upon hitting the home button again, Facebook minimizes and iFile is still running, however the status bar is grey, and if I hit the home button again it pops up my keyboard like I was already at springboard and it went to spotlight. The only fix is if I double-click the home button and click on iFile, in which it loads up over top of the grey'd iFile and the status bar returns to black. This situation is odd because when the fake grey'd version of iFile is up, you can click on it and it functions almost normal. Anyone know the cause and/or fix to this?

For the white icon thing, get iwipe from cydia to wipe the cash files or simple respringing your iPhone just like what you are actually doing is already the solution. There is no much you can do about it at the moment and even rejailbreaking it will not help. Talking about rejailbreaking the iPhone 4S to iOS 5.0.1 at the moment is impossible because before you rejailbreak it, you need to factory restore the iOS using iTunes and iTunes is going to force you to install iOS 5.1 causing you to remain on stock iOS until there is a jailbreak for iOS 5.1 So either you decide to go stock iOS 5.1 or you chose to live with your current jailbroken iOS 5.0.1

as for your second question, there are 2 things. Either you have installed an incompatible app or tweak from cydia, or you have installed a cracked version of a paid compatible version of iOS 5.0.1.