What's new

Push notifications while in Airplane mode?

wrathchild

Reaction score
I recently downloaded Real Racing 3 for my iPhone 5 and twice now I have recieved push notifications from that game. The only thing though is that both times I received them my phone was in Airplane mode. It was my understanding that while in Airplane mode everything gets turned off, phone, cellular data, wifi, bluetooth, and so forth. So why am I receiving push notifications? Is this a bug in ios 7 or is this normal?

Hi! This is no big bug, and will never be, because of the following reason. Real Racing 3 is a gaming app. When the notifications of gaming apps are turned on, it notifies you about any progress or events, or reminders regarding the game. This DOES NOT require any internet connection and thus you received the notifications. If it were some application like mail, which required internet connection, it would not have sent notifications without internet connectivity. If you don't want notifications from the game, you can go to Notification Centre and turn it off for that app.