What's new

:::SOLVED::: iPhone 5, 4s and 4 iOS 6 - Facebook push notifications

dydx314

Reaction score
This is not a jailbrake solution or alteration to any default software. This is using the factory settings to turn this feature on so that your Facebook push notifications will work on iOS 6.

I solved this on my iPhone 5. It would work for 4 and 4s as well. I think this will work for the iPadÂ’s too. So go through the steps and try it out.

First make sure this is done so that you can go on to the actual solution. Facebook push notifications are controlled inside the actual Facebook app under “Account Settings>Notifications”. They are NOT controlled under the iOS “Settings>Facebook>Settings>Notifications”, if you go there you will be directed to the actual Facebook app.

Now itÂ’s time for the solution to the problem. There is one more step that you need to do that doesnÂ’t turn on by default for some reason.

STEPS:

1. This starts from your iOS device home screen

2. “Settings”

3. “Notifications”

4. “Facebook”

5. Turn on the “Notification Center” – required to have the push notifications work

6. Under “Alert Style” by default this is set to “None” for some reason. So, turn this to the style you want.

7. Turn on the “Badge App Icon” – if you want to, this will display the number of new notifications on the Facebook icon, just like it does on your Messages app when you have a new text message

8. Turn on “Sounds” – if you want to, this will play a sound when a new Facebook notification comes in

Well that is it! I hope you enjoy receiving your Facebook push notifications on your iOS 6 device now.

Peter Taylor – Ames, IA

I didn't have any issues getting notifications w/ my iPhone 5, but there is no sound when I get them. All the other apps play the sound, but not facebook. It's annoying because it worked with iPhone 4 and iOS 6.

Everything is set up exactly as you indicated, and I still don't get any vibrate or sound notifications.... :/