What's new

Iphone 5 losing wifi while in sleep mode plz help!

EWyatt said:
You could just go to Settings and put the lock screen timing to "Never" and your iPhone will not sleep, allowing you to download for a long time....

Just make sure you're plugged in, or the battery will run completely down.

EWyatt said:
You could just go to Settings and put the lock screen timing to "Never" and your iPhone will not sleep, allowing you to download for a long time....

The problem is not with downloading stuff its with the push notifications wen in sleep mode nothing is getting pushed which is a serious issue with emails and imessages and factine etc how am i supposed to connect yesterday i tried my luck and did a restore from itunes and it ddnt work am running out of options here i think am going to replace it or something !

The problem is not with downloading stuff its with the push notifications wen in sleep mode nothing is getting pushed which is a serious issue with emails and imessages and factine etc how am i supposed to connect yesterday i tried my luck and did a restore from itunes and it ddnt work am running out of options here i think am going to replace it or something !
as i said before,give Apple a ring.

You can replace the iPhone 1000 times and it won't fix your problem. The iPhone is operating exactly as designed by Apple.

As previously stated your iPhone has to be PLUGGED IN for the WiFi connection to stay active during sleep/standby. The ONLY iOS devices that do not have this issue are the iPod Touches and iPads that are WiFi only.