Purple haze on pics

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Jdsmitty10, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 New Member

Hello.
    I plan on buying the 5 in a couple weeks and heard of the purple haze problem on photos with bright light shining on edge of pics. I saw headlines on this but then don't see much about it on the two iPhone forums I follow. So is this not as big of problem as it was made out to be? How many have experienced this issue with their pics?
    Thanks
    Jon

2. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Administrator Staff Member

i just took a couple of photos on mine and theres no purple haze or light at the edges.......in fact the photos are excellent.

3. j joy j

j joy j Member

My pics look great too, no concern on my end at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. wookiee2cu

wookiee2cu New Member

It is flare from pointing towards bright source light, like the sun. Flare can happen with any camera, a shiny case can also reflect light towards the lens and cause flare.

5. Skull One

Skull One Super Moderator Staff Member

Actually the real blame is on the user. They should have quit making demands for thinner phones. Because while the 4S camera will do the same thing, it has 20% more distance between lens which is what helps it have less of an issue with lens flaring.

6. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 New Member

So it's not really a big enough issue to avoid the 5 for then? Musta been some apple haters writing about it lol

7. Skull One

Skull One Super Moderator Staff Member

It is something that all digital cameras with very close lens arrangements have to worry about. But because the iPhone 5 is even slimmer than the norm, it is going to show it more readily. And that is probably what the news articles should be saying instead of the current "Oh Apple has a defective camera don't buy it even though Consumer Reports just named it one of the best Cellular Phones ever".