What's new

Problems with chargers? Stop working!

IamRalpho

Reaction score
So I buy a few Iphone 5 chargers on eBay or Amazon and they work once, and eventually just stop charging! Is there something I need to set up in the phone or do I really need to suck it up and buy the 20$ ones from Apple?

IamRalpho said:
So I buy a few Iphone 5 chargers on eBay or Amazon and they work once, and eventually just stop charging! Is there something I need to set up in the phone or do I really need to suck it up and buy the 20$ ones from Apple?

What happened to the one that came with your phone? BTW, if you have an iPad, the charger is perfectly safe to use on your iPhone 5.

What happened to the one that came with your phone? BTW, if you have an iPad, the charger is perfectly safe to use on your iPhone 5.

I use the one that came with my phone, but I like to have one for my car and one for the office too.

Since you've had no luck with the cheap chargers, you should either buy Apple chargers or buy ones from a reputable manufacturer, such as Belkin. Belkin makes a car charger with a lighning connector for the iPhone 5. You could also check out this charger, from Griffen.http://store.griffintechnology.com/powerjolt-se-car-charger-lightning-connector
I discovered the link courtesy of a post by KevinJS, in the iPad forums.

Last edited: