What's new

Iphone 4 wont switch on after new battery

Tonky

Reaction score
Hi, My Iphone 4, wouldnt hold its charge, so I bought a new none genuine battery. I install it and the phone worked with the charge that was already in it, when it was delivered. None of the genuine chargers via mains or usb dont work. The battery has know gone flat. When I plug it into the mains charger, it now tells me to log onto Itunes, just like it did when it was new. I run up Itunes, plug it into the usb and all I get is the apple sign shows for about 20 seconds, it then goes off for about 5 seconds and comes back on for 20 seconds. It repeats this cycle all the time. Can any give me an idea of whats wrong. Thanks

I'm sorry :/ you replace the battery !? The iPhone is a concealed unit, I take you took the iPhone apart? If not, you dont have an iPhone :(

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

^^ Huh?
two things..one when you replaced the battery did you make sure you put the battery connector bracket on correctly?

Also, if you know someone else with the iphone, put their battery in yours and see. Maybe the battery you bought is no good.