What's new

Problems - cant see my conacts

Soxx19

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had my iphone 4 since they came out and have loved it until about 4 months ago when it started palying up.
The problem is that if I try to look at my contacts from the home screen icon all I get is a white screen (not fully white as the normal search bar is there and the other usual stuff at the top) this screen stays on for about a minute the returns to home screen. If I try to send a new text I cannot add a contact as it just locks out, again for about a minute then back to home screen. I should mention that if I recieve a call or text the phone will display who it is from so the contacts are actually on the phone. The last problem is that if I try to make a call using the phone icon I get the same white screen. Basically I cannot make any phone calls and can only send texts to people I have received them from.

I have had 3 new phones from O2 and have spoken to the apple people several times. I have factory reset the phone several times. I have not restored any backups. I have opened a new itunes account on another machine and done the reset from there but nothing seems to last, it works for about a week then the symptom returns.

Please help as I cannot get any help from O2 or Apple and if I cant solve this soon I will have to defect and get a phone that actually works.

S.

Last edited:
You issue is software wise, but I will ask to know what is the iPhone? An iPhone 4? If yes plug it to your iTunes and upgrade it to the latest iOS. After the upgrade is done, manually (not syncing your phone with your gmail contacts, or outlook or restoring any backup) add about 5~10 the contacts on your phone, I mean tap on the contact icon, then tap the + sign on top and input contacts names and phone number, add about 5~10 contacts that way and try to access them via the phone call app or via the SMS app see if it will repeat the same behavior or not. I'm sure that there are some corrupted files in your contacts files. And you should add all your contacts really manually since you don't know which ones of the contacts are corrupted.